Escare

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
sheepsteeth

Re: Escare

Post by sheepsteeth »

I like escare it does he do anything to my does? With the exception of agreeing to play fullback?

I fear sams speed has gone due to injury so move home to 6 play George at 7 and get a fullback.

I'd prefer hardaker but escare is an option.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

ajsefc wrote:
cpwigan wrote:If true then Sam must rank as one of the worst ever signings Wigan have ever made. Hopefully, IL will stop claiming returning players is all wonderful.
Embarrassing statement. Yes he's not hit the heights he did before he left (yet) but to come out with that really is poor
There is some truth though to CP's statement,Sam has been very poor this season I suppose you have to credit the club for honouring the contract but if it where me I would have found a way to put things on hold until he could prove his fitness,pay him a retainer if you will sort of thing,but to have signed him full time has proven to be folly it's a nasty injury that was always going to take time to recover from and as it didn't happen on Wigans time I'm struggling in these hard economic times to come up with a solid reason why Wigan are paying full money on player who clearly isn't anywhere near 100% fit.
endoman

Post by endoman »

fozzieskem wrote:
ajsefc wrote:
cpwigan wrote:If true then Sam must rank as one of the worst ever signings Wigan have ever made. Hopefully, IL will stop claiming returning players is all wonderful.
Embarrassing statement. Yes he's not hit the heights he did before he left (yet) but to come out with that really is poor
There is some truth though to CP's statement,Sam has been very poor this season I suppose you have to credit the club for honouring the contract but if it where me I would have found a way to put things on hold until he could prove his fitness,pay him a retainer if you will sort of thing,but to have signed him full time has proven to be folly it's a nasty injury that was always going to take time to recover from and as it didn't happen on Wigans time I'm struggling in these hard economic times to come up with a solid reason why Wigan are paying full money on player who clearly isn't anywhere near 100% fit.
Had he been a big name Aussie and not a former Wigan player, how would his signing be judged??
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I would judge him the same way..you don't sign someone who's recovering from a very nasty injury be it an Aussie,Brit or NZ nationality,it's not rocket science
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I thought we signed him before his nasty injury? In which case, that and this are just bad luck.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:I thought we signed him before his nasty injury? In which case, that and this are just bad luck.
Happened in New Zealand didn't it,beside the point that he was signing for Wigan he was still the NZwarriors player,even if he had signed there had to have been clauses inserted into contracts regarding medical issues and if not why not as it clearly didn't happen while playing for Wigan.

I find it difficult to believe that the NZW didn't know how bad the injury was packed him off home in the hope Wigan wouldn't notice.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Am I wrong in thinking that his injury in NZ was a knee injury and this one is a foot injury?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Am I wrong in thinking that his injury in NZ was a knee injury and this one is a foot injury?
You are right. 2 different injuries completely.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

The booze hound wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Am I wrong in thinking that his injury in NZ was a knee injury and this one is a foot injury?
You are right. 2 different injuries completely.
Thought so!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

The first injury in NZ, the second in Manchester at the weekend !!