Escare

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Nezza Faz

Re: Escare

Post by Nezza Faz »

And the £300k Leeds transfer fee is a lot to do with it.

Heard Leigh are on his case !
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

ajsefc wrote:
cpwigan wrote:If true then Sam must rank as one of the worst ever signings Wigan have ever made. Hopefully, IL will stop claiming returning players is all wonderful.
Embarrassing statement. Yes he's not hit the heights he did before he left (yet) but to come out with that really is poor
Why?

A marquee signing on huge money and a pale shadow of the player that first left us. Nobody know if he can recapture that form. So we are left paying huge money for mediocre. Does that not make a bad signing? or is the truth now embarassing?
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

DaveO wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:
I find it difficult to believe that the NZW didn't know how bad the injury was packed him off home in the hope Wigan wouldn't notice.
Mossop wasn't fully fit when he came back and neither was Sam. Joel T is now injured (can't remember if he came back fit or not). You'd think IL would spot the trend.
DaveO, Joel had a back injury when Wigan re-signed him from Saracens. Prior to that he had had 3 months on the sidelines with a knee injury

racens and England centre Joel Tomkins is facing three months on the sidelines after suffering a knee injury against the All Blacks.

The 26-year-old former rugby league star, who only made his England debut earlier this month, didn't travel with London club Saracens for the Premiership leaders' 16-9 win away to south-west side Exeter on Saturday.

Afterwards, Saracens director of rugby Mark McCall said Tomkins had been injured in the closing stages of world champions New Zealand's 30-22 win over England at Twickenham last weekend.

"Joel has got a knee injury, and will be out for quite some time, probably three months," McCall explained.

"He picked up the injury in the last five minutes of the game against New Zealand and it is a maximum 12-week injury."

If McCall's diagnosis is correct, Tomkins will be ruled out of at least the opening two rounds of the Six Nations, which starts in February.

http://www.sport.co.uk/rugby/englands-j ... t/4500075/

We signed Joel shortly afterwards
Joel Tomkins has taken a pay cut to return to rugby league, the dual-code international has revealed.

The 27-year-old centre or second rower cut short his stay in rugby union by signing a four-and-a-half year contract with his old club Wigan, who have paid an undisclosed transfer fee to Saracens.

'Obviously the salary cap in rugby union is bigger so the wages are bigger but my motivation in moving to rugby union was never financial,' Tomkins said.

His last appearance was alongside Sam in England's defeat by Australia in the 2010 Four Nations final at Elland Road.

'I think it will be in the back of the mind of every player who is eligible to play for England but my priority is to get back fit," added Tomkins, who is currently recovering from a bulging disc in his back.

'I've got four to six weeks rehab programme and then I'll work my way into this team. The young lads that have come in have played really well so there's a lot of competition for places. My goal is to get into this team before I start to think about the internationals.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyl ... acens.html
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Penrith Panthers don't seem to have given Hardaker much game time, he's had one or two bench stints at centre.
Has NRL been too tough for him, as he's looking at a return to SL?
In fairness i suspect going to the NRL mid season is a big ask for anyone.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Well if we could afford the money I'd have hardaker. Hardakers defence isn't fantastic buts it's better than escare. In my opinion escare is too lightweight
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

i wouldnt like to see Escare at wigan, there is no doubting the talent and potential he possess however he seems to be a player that requires protection to play, (in fact didnt the catalan coach complain that teams were targeting him last year).

and people wanting Hardaker? why he seems toxic, Bigger ego than Tomkins, and do we really need to add another player with off field issues to our squad? it cannot be coincidence that leeds form turn round the moment they got rid.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Hardaker is a liability IMO escape is a hard worker and is very potent in attack

to CP's comments sam has been the worst signing IMO since luke davico

i fear that this was shaun wane looking after one of his own, we've paid absolute top dollar for a player that hasn't been anything more than average since 2012
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

All I will say is now I would not touch any Cats player leaving.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Caboosegg wrote: it cannot be coincidence that leeds form turn round the moment they got rid.
Maybe your right, but I seem to remember they where crap for some time after Hardakers absence from the squad and the improvement coming from Segayaros introduction.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

The booze hound wrote:
Caboosegg wrote: it cannot be coincidence that leeds form turn round the moment they got rid.
Maybe your right, but I seem to remember they where crap for some time after Hardakers absence from the squad and the improvement coming from Segayaros introduction.
Agree with that. Segayaro is a top, top player (and, better still, arguably one with his best years still ahead of him, which you can't say about too many NRL imports), and I was very disappointed Wigan seemed to show no interest.

Escare always struck me as a good attacker but a pretty poor defender. Cats coaching squad seem to be of the same opinion.