Next Season Forwards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Next Season Forwards

Post by cpwigan »

Batenan and Faz are locked on starting SRs. The LF? The owd lad from Widnes did well tonight but realistically are you then looking at Lockers or JTomkins for LF.
ian.birchall

Re: Next Season Forwards

Post by ian.birchall »

cpwigan wrote:Batenan and Faz are locked on starting SRs. The LF? The owd lad from Widnes did well tonight but realistically are you then looking at Lockers or JTomkins for LF.
If we do keep SOL on the playing register next season he will have to be there just on pay as you play terms and he will not like that at all.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ian.birchall wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Batenan and Faz are locked on starting SRs. The LF? The owd lad from Widnes did well tonight but realistically are you then looking at Lockers or JTomkins for LF.
If we do keep SOL on the playing register next season he will have to be there just on pay as you play terms and he will not like that at all.
Err, why? Unless his contract is up or he retires he will be on the terms as his contract states.

Is his contract up?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No. I think the expect next season to be his last playing wise before moving onto the coaching staff full time. I would send him on a sabbatical in 2018 to immerse himself in NRL coaching then bring it back to make Wigan better in 2019 and beyond.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Micky Mac may see some time at 13 next year. The way Sam Powell played tonight makes him difficult to drop and Micky Mac can smash people regardless of playing at 9 or 13.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

DaveO wrote:
ian.birchall wrote:
Err, why? Unless his contract is up or he retires he will be on the terms as his contract states.

Is his contract up?
Lockers will be playing next season.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

IMO with the restrictions of the wage cap and Lockers availability this season through reoccurring injuries, you cannot justify keeping him on as a player even if only 100k of his wage goes towards the cap.
Sean is my favourite player but this season has shown it's time for a full time coaching role.
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

Need to offload mossop,clubb,oloughlin and Joel Tomkins. We have more than enough front row forwards cant see why we are chasing a French prop. Money would be better spent on a top quality back, goal kicker and a back row forward

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think Clubb will go. Mossop we might have to pay somebody to take him away. Joel is a huge earner, he will not walk! Probably his last contract.

I would keep Lockers as a player. Fit, he is still class but there is an IF. We need to appoint the next captain in 2017.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

I do know SOL is on a contract but was stating my belief that he is not worth his cost/playing time anymore. If he got his wages only when he plays then he will be worth his £s even £s+.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.