Attendance Last Night ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Attendance Last Night ?

Post by cpwigan »

10K IIRC, good or bad?
Kittwazzer

Re: Attendance Last Night ?

Post by Kittwazzer »

mickw wrote:Terrible turnout, when I parked up on miry lane I thought I'd got the wrong night, pathetic attendance. they'll all crawling out the woodwork for next week no doubt.
Bloody hope so. Old Trafford takes some filling!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I would think / hope OT is full.
doc

Post by doc »

I can't recall them announcing the crowd at the match but 10k seems low considering the amount of Hull fans who travelled over and how full the SS felt. There will always be problems getting the hospitality sold at such short notice but the club doesn't help itself given the normal opening hours of the ticket office.

This morning the queue took about an hour and a half before getting served due to the fact that it was a big match and the office was actually open at a time when people could get there. I'm not saying that that would be the case for the semi tickets but it may have lead to a few more sales.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

It was about the samew for last years semi wasnt it? that was 10k-ish or there about but Huddersfield brought a dozen or so with them not like the hoards Hull brought over last.

Very disappointing really as it was a cracking game.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

That was the 'official' number!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I was really surprised at the turnout. Especially, as noted, considering Hull brought a fair few.

Just setting off on my six hour return journey now. :(
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

IL needs to bite the bullet on this and try to take this area away from the RFL. He needs to fight them on this. Let the season ticket holders pay 10 pounds extra on a ticket and if we make a home play off it gets you in.

If we do not make it take the 10 pounds off the season ticket cost next season or reimburse people.

RFL have got to know how bad that looked.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

mickw wrote:Terrible turnout, when I parked up on miry lane I thought I'd got the wrong night, pathetic attendance. they'll all crawling out the woodwork for next week no doubt.
As is the norm with all band wagon jumpers!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Off all the season ticket holders that sit beside us normaly i think i only saw one on Friday night . Cant understand why you would watch a team all season and when it comes to the pointy end of the season you dissappear.

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked