End of Season Clear Out

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Re: End of Season Clear Ou...

Post by mrs_carney »

I heard Nat Wood was going to salford before retiring? I thought millward would favour brown and moran as he wanted to sign brown as a stand off for saints, but from what hes said danny's having a rest like he gave to p scully at the start of the season before being back in contention for the squad; it looks like everyone is going to get a chance and then next season it'll be all change. It's also good he's not going off reputation he's actually spending time watching our academy games and picking the top performers and giving them their chance in the first team, whilst we have injuries.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

With the imminent arrival of Fletcher and Pat Richards, do we still have room for another 20/20 signing before we have to unload anyone?
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

jinkin jimmy posted:
With the imminent arrival of Fletcher and Pat Richards, do we still have room for another 20/20 signing before we have to unload anyone?
With the age and lack of experience of much of our first team squad, to be honest I'd be surprised if we've currently got 20 players on £20k/year. Remember we've got some part-timers on the books, I would expect they're either not on 20k or maybe are exempt altogether from the salary cap (on the basis that no-one would expect part-time players in a full-time sport!)
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

whos part time?
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

students like melling and colbon
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

My understanding from old threads was that he had 17 players in the 20/20 scenario. Therefore, we still have room for one more before we have to start offloading.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

jinkin jimmy posted:
My understanding from old threads was that he had 17 players in the 20/20 scenario. Therefore, we still have room for one more before we have to start offloading.
Is that before or after Farrell/McDonald?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

That was with Farrell and Davico gone but before McDonkey came. I obviously don't know any of this for certain, but if Gulavao (or whoever) comes I reckon we would be up to the limit. Any more signings would mean someone having to go.

This takes me back to one of my earlier posts concerning how to offload contracted players. However, this may not be an issue. If we want, say, 1 more player, then whoever is out of contract after this season could be in trouble. I believe Aspy, Hock and maybe Newton are in this boat. Out of those three Aspy and Hock could be in danger.

Finally, I know how to get Hock up to 17 stone - leave his plaster cast on!!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Ah Castleford!
Twas the only place that was nicer underground than on top! :)
hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

How pathetic some people are. Talk about respecting other people's opinions you haven't got a clue. You still have a go at Danny even though he hasn't played for a few weeks. And yes if I was coach he'd stay til he retired. Your pathetic little jokes about Danny are way out of line and very unfunny.