Faz

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
craigbeck

Faz

Post by craigbeck »

It will be interesting to see what IM does about Faz. For most of the home games this season Faz has been still very much involved behind the scenes. He is always in the tunnel and in the dressing room at full time.

I just wonder whether IM will ask him to say out of the way ???????

C
:doz:

http://www.rockfm.co.uk
Sponsor Of Wigan Warriors
jinkin jimmy

Re: Faz

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Hope so - time to move on :angry:
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Surley he's still not hanging around!
The man has got loads and loads of work to get on with if he intends making an impact in a new sport. He's supposed to be the ultimate professional.

What the hell are Sarries up to?

They have a got a massive job on to bring Farrell up to standard English with months of elocution lessons in store for him ala Robinson. :) :)

"erm yeah, know what I mean yeah"
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Just occurred to me that it's June - he should have gone by now anyway. I'll watch out for him at Sarries.

EDIT: Just been on Sarries website - no mention of the great man anywhere!?
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

He has about 12 weeks before they'll expect his debut.

The press and pundits (fat boy) will be gunning for him from the start. If all he does is hold his place in a top team and maybe secure a few England caps (like H. Paul) he will be cast as a failure in the eyes of the RU press/public.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Doveoverdave posted:
He has about 12 weeks before they'll expect his debut.

The press and pundits (fat boy) will be gunning for him from the start. If all he does is hold his place in a top team and maybe secure a few England caps (like H. Paul) he will be cast as a failure in the eyes of the RU press/public.
Agreed. I would love him to "succeed", i.e. become an England regular. It would say so much about both Farrell and our sport. However, the consequences of such success could be dire - we could get stripped of loads of talent.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

True.
The lure of RU for real top players like Faz, Harris, Robinson and Paul is the international scene. Some of the RU boys are household name including Robinson.

This recognition of his talent would/can never happen within RL.

The RU World Cup is the 3rd largest sporting event in the world, so we are told. I will be following the Lions tour as always and the coverage is absolutely wall to wall. If by some miracle they win the series against the All Blacks they will return to these shores as conquering heroes with dozens of pages of print dedicated to them in EVERY newspaper.
And plenty of Gongs to follow!

If we could ever manage a series win over the Aussies it would hardly warrent 1 large photo and half a dozen paragraphs in the Sun. Of which the majority of the facts will be wrong as the jounalist probably didn't attend the match.

No comparison.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Sad but true, Dave, sad but true.....