Sarge!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Sarge!!

Post by cpwigan »

Has a player ever had a better 2 final games for this club. IMO, he was our man of the match. IMO if Sam T was fit we do not win the semi or GF. A fantastic player for this site to sponsor.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Sarge!!

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

He played well. As did they all.
We will never know what might have been, but Sam was our best player when we turned Wire over against all the odds, so that would suggest we stood a chance. Oh and Sam can catch as well.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

And drops kicks as well.

No Sarge at FB and we lose. When we were up against it, Sarge was great on exit sets making yards and even set up a try. Sam on exit = HELP who can I pass to as long as I do not have to hit it up.

Sarge and Gels were massive in that first half.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

They all struggled under the high bomb last night but for me Sarge was head and shoulders MOM, LF was my 2nd choice! I honestly think without Sarge last night we would have lost, he was that good in my opinion, LF just ooozes class though!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Gels is like a prop forward at times and in the first half we were just getting under the pump and he made a run of only about 12 metres but it changed the whole complex of the game!! Huge player for us!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The kicks were clever; not ibn the sense of trying to score direct from them but putting up high and in traffic.

Josh had a great game but he dropped kicks too.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

It is possible to celebrate Sarg doing well without using it as a stick to beat Sam with. He showed only 3 weeks ago that he could be central to beating Wire so it is insane to assert that we would have lost with him playing.
I think LF was a worthy man of the match - he and Bateman play a massive part in attack and defence every week.
Having watched Sarg since he first played for London, he has always been capable of brilliant matches, and works as hard as any player you could hope to see. Unsurprisingly, he has some significant faults, as a result of having started his career at Hemel. He was an inspired signing by IL and has improved significantly under Wane.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The truth is what it is and why should we pretend it is not. Are we liars, are we going to pretend? People within the club will tell you it has been an awful season, are they liars too OR just honest :wink:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

From those thet know him, Sarge is a fantastic competitor wth an iron will to win. Kinda reflects season 2016 for Wigan RLFC.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I called for farrell mom, followed closely by sarge.
Sitting in the heavens i was so impressed with the lines farrell ran( on and off the ball)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE