Trump for President?

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
SJ

Re: Trump for President?

Post by SJ »

I accept the logic of your argumentDave but not the content.
My opinion remains unchanged If I had to say in a nutshell what I believe it would be to quote "Fozzie's opinion
The logic of your argument can be illustrated by the syllogism
"All Americans are Turnips,
"Trump is an American "
"Therefore he's a Turnip ". The logic is valid the content is literally false
As an adjunct I wouldn't describe Clinton as a sewer rat that would be an insult to Sewer Rats every where(only joking :)
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

See that yesterday Clinton said she'd impose a no fly zone over Syria. So what happens when Putin sends his air force up and ignores her?
Putin has sent his aircraft carrier to the area but it's a clapped out old thing. Will Clinton send three or four Carrier battle groups to face him down? This has the potential to be very dangerous.
This is worrying!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

SJ wrote:I accept the logic of your argumentDave but not the content.
My opinion remains unchanged If I had to say in a nutshell what I believe it would be to quote "Fozzie's opinion
The logic of your argument can be illustrated by the syllogism
"All Americans are Turnips,
"Trump is an American "
"Therefore he's a Turnip ". The logic is valid the content is literally false
You will have to say how you think that applies and to which bit of my views.

I tend to try and avoid syllogism (or analogy) if I can as they almost invariably introduce straw man arguments. Can't see any reason to change my view on that from the above. :wink:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wiganer Ted wrote:See that yesterday Clinton said she'd impose a no fly zone over Syria. So what happens when Putin sends his air force up and ignores her?
Putin has sent his aircraft carrier to the area but it's a clapped out old thing. Will Clinton send three or four Carrier battle groups to face him down? This has the potential to be very dangerous.
This is worrying!
That clapped out old thing still carries some very capable and modern aircraft. Unless the US sink it, it provides the Russians with quite some capability.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Yes it can Dave.
Neither the Russian ship nor its planes are any match for the American Carrier battle groups.
Putin knows this better than anyone, how he reacts to a Clinton administration and their attitude to Assad will be one of the critical political arenas in the weeks and months to come.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

So,as I've suspected all along Trump will win tonight..

Thoughts?
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Get some money on Honey G to win XFACTOR, brains are not required anymore!!

Vote Brexit=Vote Trump=Vote Honey G :D
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Get some money on Honey G to win XFACTOR, brains are not required anymore!!

Vote Brexit=Vote Trump=Vote Honey G :D
What about Balls?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

another vote that has been won off the back of a tagline with no actually substance

It was a hard vote for Americans in fairness and i think trumps directness has won through, he has a lot of faults but he is certain someone who just speaks their mind unfiltered and i think people have become tired of political elites and their carefully drafted press releases

What will be interesting is whether Trump sticks to the hardline tactics that got him this far or softens
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I think and hope his stance will soften,it has too really its far to extreme to be workable,now if lorry loads of bricks turn up by the Mexican border in january then that could be a clue that he's not going softer.