Matty Smith

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: Matty Smith

Post by thegimble »

moto748 wrote:
Josie's friend wrote: Josh and Iain Thornley got offered contracts they knew they would refuse. Strangely Flower re-signed so he must be on a mars bar and a packet of crisps now a week.

So we encouraged Josh to leave because... buying an equivalent replacement winger would be cheaper than paying him a bit more money? Really? :conf:
Josh if Manfredi and Burgess are fit would not play. Burgess was the best SL winger in his last season and Manfredi is not too far behind.

Good Josh is he would not be in the side for me if those 2 are fit. One place were we strengthen next year will be the wings.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

thegimble wrote:
moto748 wrote:
Josie's friend wrote: Josh and Iain Thornley got offered contracts they knew they would refuse. Strangely Flower re-signed so he must be on a mars bar and a packet of crisps now a week.

So we encouraged Josh to leave because... buying an equivalent replacement winger would be cheaper than paying him a bit more money? Really? :conf:
Josh if Manfredi and Burgess are fit would not play. Burgess was the best SL winger in his last season and Manfredi is not too far behind.

Good Josh is he would not be in the side for me if those 2 are fit. One place were we strengthen next year will be the wings.
It'd have been nice to have had that problem with the 3 of them,last seaon without doubt Josh simply wasnt at the races this season though he was back to his best and frankly i would choose,if we are talking full in form players,Charnley over Burgess not by much by Josh has guile where as Joe has that speed but for me guile wins just about.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Josie's friend wrote:
The booze hound wrote:Has it been said if there was a transfer fee or did we just release him from the remainder of his contract?
He said on wish fm that when the rumours started there was nothing to it, he then spoke to IL who said the club is willing to let him out of the remainder of his contract. From the list of club interested he chose saints.

IMO he was told by IL he would be going and not Matty seeking a move. The club seems to have no problem with players leaving, Josh and Iain Thornley got offered contracts they knew they would refuse. Strangely Flower re-signed so he must be on a mars bar and a packet of crisps now a week.
Come on Josh is totally different, we could not compete with the money Sale offered. Wigan were never going to extend Matty's contract as they have a far better player coming through the ranks - Jake Shorrocks.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards