Awards night

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Awards night

Post by josie andrews »

the pieman wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:How does players' player differ? Who chooses the main prize? Your team mates endorsement would be worth a lot.
Bateman was a great choice but plenty others stepped up.
The Players Player is voted by teammates so that is the biggest accolade IMO as you are voted to be the best player by your peers

The Player of the Year is decided by the coaching staff

Hope this helps
Josie

Genuine question - what did i vote for the other week then? I chose Bateman as my player of the season (or so i thought)
Sorry I should have said fans as well ???? Apologies ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

josie andrews wrote:
the pieman wrote:
josie andrews wrote: The Players Player is voted by teammates so that is the biggest accolade IMO as you are voted to be the best player by your peers

The Player of the Year is decided by the coaching staff

Hope this helps
Josie

Genuine question - what did i vote for the other week then? I chose Bateman as my player of the season (or so i thought)
Sorry I should have said fans as well ???? Apologies ????
Cheers Josie - had my head up my A*** with work at the minute and had loads of surveys from Wigan / RL etc, but was sure i had voted for something :)
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Not surprised Powell got Players Player of the Year.
A real stand out season from Sam P.
Well done to him!
Im really happy Powell got the accolades he deserved he's put in one almighty shift this year
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure