Re: World Club Challenge - can we possibly beat Cronulla?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

It doesn't matter. The best we can hope for is to come out of this pointless match with no long-term injuries and not to lose matches either side of it.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

It is a pointless match but itd be nice to put one over the aussies but i doubt it,the NRL is simply light years ahead of our game.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Tbh there's not much difference between the Sharks side that won the wooden spoon and the one the won the Grand Final, their main strength has been their team work. They play for each other in sort of the same way Leicester did but instead of one quick success they had last year and this.
So can we beat them? Now at this present time no, Feb and after inevitable changes to that squad yes. It'll be tricky but possible
South Sydney Warrior

Post by South Sydney Warrior »

I'm honestly not too sure. The Sharks side is very balanced and impressive. Lucky for us they will be missing Michael Ennis, who was an absolute catalyst for them this season. They could also lose Andrew Fifita due to conflict with the NRL, again a great player who essentially won them the game.

As for us, the rest for some of our players could really work in our favour, especially with a few games under our belt. We're losing a few players but I feel like the guys we've brought in can do the job. Hopefully I can get a jersey before the game is on.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Yes we can.

If we played the Storm I would have said no. Just like us they went through adversity last 18 months or so. They could well be the perfect team for us at the right time.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

It's a challenge one that the players should rise to, we won't be embarrassed like other teams have in recent years but as has already been mentioned, no injuries is my priority!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

But we all know that if Cronulla win it'll be that they are sooooo much better than us. However if we win it'll be because they weren't taking it seriously.
OJ

Post by OJ »

Until we know what our team will be for next season who knows but I really wish they'd bin it now. Aussies clearly look on it with scorn and can't say I blame them and until the time comes when any super league team can compete so it will remain. For now it seems like we are only making our team play an extra energy sapping game while the rest of super league leans back having a few drinks and hoping we get seven shades of whatsit kicked out of us
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

They look superb, though I think some of them are leaving, so the make up of the team could be different.
I hope we really go for this. Being World Club Champions has always been meaningful and an extraordinarily prestigious achievement.
We drew with Brisbane - play as well again and we can beat the Sharks! (they looked really good though)
moto748

Post by moto748 »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Pointless game in the eyes of many of the Aussie media.

I think the clubs do take it serious, i mean who wouldnt want to be called a world club champion

It is a game i am seriously looking forward to as i must admit i love watching Cronulla in the NRL Jack Bird, Gallen, Maloney and Ben Barba on our shores playing against our club what more could you possibly want

If the "FULL HOUSE" signs dont go up on this game then scrap the whole thing as we have a totally new team coming these shores which makes it even more intriguing

BRING IT ON !!!

This!