Supposing someone was thinking of moving to Wigan....

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
moto748

Re: Supposing someone was thinking of moving to Wigan....

Post by moto748 »

Wigan side of Ince. 25 min walk to the centre, but the DW would be a bus or cycle.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

moto748 wrote:Wigan side of Ince. 25 min walk to the centre, but the DW would be a bus or cycle.
If your near the canal it's a straight walk along the canal pathway to the stadium.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yes, it is, but it's a couple of miles. Might be doable on a nice summers day. Could you cycle along the towpath?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote:Yes, it is, but it's a couple of miles. Might be doable on a nice summers day. Could you cycle along the towpath?
Yes
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Thanks Josie. I'm sure you can imagine how much I'm looking forward to it! :D

Are there any cycle racks at the DW? I normally only go to the 'nearest corner' of the stadium, closest to the Asda side, and have hardly ever been all the way round. Also, is there any dedicated motorbike parking? When going to Langtree Park the last couple of seasons I've noticed there's a place right in front of the station where motorbikes congregate, but haven't seen the equivalent at the DW.

Thanks.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote:Thanks Josie. I'm sure you can imagine how much I'm looking forward to it! :D

Are there any cycle racks at the DW? I normally only go to the 'nearest corner' of the stadium, closest to the Asda side, and have hardly ever been all the way round. Also, is there any dedicated motorbike parking? When going to Langtree Park the last couple of seasons I've noticed there's a place right in front of the station where motorbikes congregate, but haven't seen the equivalent at the DW.

Thanks.
I've never noticed any cycle racks or dedicated motor bike parking! Maybe some one else could help you with the cycle racks?

I have seen motor bikes parked on the car parks but there is a charge for those
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Thanks, Josie. I imagine I'll stick to foot-power most of the time for home games anyway. I'm intending to sort out a season ticket in the next few days, so I guess I could enquire about it then.
FWarrior

Post by FWarrior »

I am not sure if they still do it but a 'barge' used to run along the canal as a form of public transport on match days.

Walking wise the tow path is usually decent enough for walking or cycling.Cycle provision is like to be near Asda, cinema/other outlets and elsewhere. I am sure there will be plenty. How close to Ince? secure your property well!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

FWarrior wrote:I am not sure if they still do it but a 'barge' used to run along the canal as a form of public transport on match days.

Walking wise the tow path is usually decent enough for walking or cycling.Cycle provision is like to be near Asda, cinema/other outlets and elsewhere. I am sure there will be plenty. How close to Ince? secure your property well!
'Booze-cruise' then? :lol:

To be honest, realistically I'll probably most of the time get the bus to the railway station, stop in at Wigan Central for a pint, and then walk from there. Which is exactly what I've always done.

It's a very quiet little cul-de-sac, and I refuse to get paranoid about burglary etc before I've even moved! Where I live now I have suffered a little from theft, and quite a lot from vandalism. I certainly don't expect Wigan to be any worse in that regard.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

FWarrior wrote:I am not sure if they still do it but a 'barge' used to run along the canal as a form of public transport on match days.

That's not a very nice thing to say to someone who has just bought a house there :(

You can live in well to do areas & still get your home invaded. It doesn't necessarily mean the 'invaders' are from that area!