Referees

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mike binder

Re: Referees

Post by mike binder »

Doveoverdave posted:
Didn't see the game.

Apparently the ref was awful again. Reading match reports this morning and the ref does get a mention
"Warriors closed the gap with a hugely controversial try.....Rae furiously confrontng the ref KK".

Not a single mention of this in all of last nights posts.

TAKE YOUR RED SPECS OFF and see the lack of ability as it really is.

Blaming refs for results is the mentality of village team supporters ie: Leigh, Featherstone and the likes of Batley or whoever.

Some other quotes "

Millward will have to make major changes to this squad......Wigan booed of for the 2nd successive time........Wigan no fluency to their play...poor organisation....Wigan were lucky to survive....Wigan's play increasingly desperate....There are few plus points for Wigan....London well organised ....passing game and pace always gave them an edge....London were good vaue for the win"
TAKE YOUR RED SPECS OFF and see the lack of ability as it really is
sorry mate wigan were not booed at all the ref if u can call him that was
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Doveoverdave posted:
Didn't see the game.

Apparently the ref was awful again. Reading match reports this morning and the ref does get a mention
"Warriors closed the gap with a hugely controversial try.....Rae furiously confrontng the ref KK".

Not a single mention of this in all of last nights posts.

Because it wasn't worth mentioning. Carney was getting up to play the ball as the hooter went, the ref (for once quite rightly) didn't blow his whistle, since the laws state that play continues until the NEXT stoppage after the hooter. Play went on for some considerable time after that, through about 4 or 5 pairs of hands, and the London players hadn't stopped playing, just our good handling getting the ball out left to Dallas.
Nothing mentioned about Rea leaving the "technical area" to go and whinge to KK, either (very close to Tickle preparing to take his goal kick), which has resulted in quite a few fines already this season!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Geoffn posted

Carney was getting up to play the ball as the hooter went, the ref (for once quite rightly)
Quite rightly this week and probably quite wrongly next week when it hapens to us. :)

Thanks for the info.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Wigan 18 - London 18 - Kirkpatrick 4 i think about sums it up. I cant believe carney got a telling off for being high tackled. I think tickle was very distracted and frustrated by the decisions he was making because tickle was swinging his arm high in most tackles; to be fair we should have won in danny had converted the tries, so we cant totally blame the ref. I cant believe hansens try was disallowed and leuluai was allowed to be in the refs face when he was discussing it with the touch judge, if that was moran he'd of been sent off or something. Took us back 15metres and couldn't keep london onside to save his life. London were actually doing forward passes in training, must of known they'd get away with it with that flipping clown in charge. He's apparantly the best ref in GB, says a lot about our standards of refereeing doesn't it.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Mrs Carney posted
Wigan 18 - London 18 - Kirkpatrick 4
:) :)
we should have won in danny had converted the tries
:angry: :angry:
Took us back 15metres and couldn't keep london onside
Amazing!
London were actually doing forward passes in training,
Tis the blight of the modern game ie; SL.
He's apparantly the best ref in GB, says a lot about our standards of refereeing doesn't it.
Says it all really.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Like has been said on either this thread or the other one, no one has blamed the referee for us losing but people have complained about some of the controversial decisions.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Exactly, the hooter went but we didn't have to stop the game until that move was over. It wasn't and therefore the try stood. How is that controversial? Had we been tackled and then got up and carried on playing the ball, yes it would have been.
Dee ell, is that all it says of all the controversial picky little things he chose to blow the whistle over last night. The two disallowed tries on our behalf and all it says is that we played to the whistle and scored?

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Mrs lam posted;
Why were they not given offside for that try we scored that was then disallowed and called a knock on? Why was that other try not given? He got it down before letting go of the ball. I very rarely whinge about a referee but not even Dod can say decisions evened out and were 50/50 tonight. They weren't, he was a complete joke.
Is this not blaming the ref??
How is that controversial?
It is theonly decision that is spoke of in print and like Geoff you will be crying foul next week if this happens in reverse next week.

In all the post match hysteria about the ref this incident was never mentioned. If yor so interested in the match oficial's pefomance you must see both sides.

I'm only happy your not a video ref! :wink:
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I do and like I've said I rarely moan about the referee, this is probably the first time I've done it this season which is why I can see that I'm not being that one sided.

I think he had a bad game yesterday but we have to play better than we did to win and we have to play against thos edecisions. Normally I'd say, we have to play ina more disciplined approach to avoid the decisions being given in the first place but yesterday we weren't indisciplined (word?) Which is why I'm angry but I didn't blame the referee. I previously stated that we didn't play well enough, and that's why we lost.

I also wouldn't complain if the same had happened to us. We don't have to stop play until the move is over, the move wasn't over and had London done the same I wouldn't be whinging about it because that's the rule. You seem to be mixing me up with somebody else on here, I don't know who but somebody that iscompletely bias and against referees, which I'm not.

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

It is theonly decision that is spoke of in print and like Geoff you will be crying foul next week if this happens in reverse next week.

In all the post match hysteria about the ref this incident was never mentioned. If yor so interested in the match oficial's pefomance you must see both sides.
It wasn't mentioned because it wasn't an incident. It was a correct decision. Admittedly, it wouldn't take long to list all his correct decisions :wink: , but as with any ref, it's the errors that get mentioned, and most of them, yet again, went against us. Paranoia? perhaps, but the mere fact that that's the only thing Rea's seen fit to complain about implies that he was happy with everything else.
If that game had been televised, we would have won.
As I've said on another thread, i'd love to see video refs at every game, even though it would probably mean we were out of the CC, because of Wild's dodgy try.