Project Fear Fails Again, Remoaners Can't be Happy

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
DaveO

Re: Project Fear Fails Again, Remoaners Can't be Happy

Post by DaveO »

SJ wrote:
I

I don't read the Newspapers generally ( all biased). However this article makes good reading and is clearly unbiased quoting independent authorities.
The ussual nonsense reposte from WW but nothing from Dave O who was quick to tell us re the pending demise at Rivington a local company presumably yet no mention of the CB I 's figures. Is he biased ) we know WW is off is Tilley but Dave? He really does take the "biscuit "
If you look back in the thread you will find it wasn't me who first mentioned Rivington biscuits. In fact it was a previous poster who mentioned a company going bust due to Brexit and I asked which one. I then found my own link to the story.

As to the Express and its quotes, it is the most useless rags for facts anywhere. Even worse than the Mail and that link quotes John Redwood and Jacob Rees-Mogg who are the biggest idiots in parliament and as biased as they come.

The constant "Oh look the economy is booming" quotes from leavers and papers like the Express is quite frankly idiotic. We have not left yet and so aren't trading under WTO rules and without a trade agreement with the EU.

None of this head-in-the-sand optimism makes one iota of difference to jobs lost as a direct result of Brexit at Rivington biscuits or Exxon Mobil where my relative works.

For Rivington:

Russell Cash, partner at FRP Advisory administrators, said: "A sustained deterioration in trading conditions and significant additional pricing costs since the summer following the sharp fall in the value of the pound, left the business facing unsustainable cash-flow pressure.

Rees-Mogg can say what he likes. He says the falling pound is stimulating trade, well, over 100 people are facing redundancy as a direct result of the falling pound due to Brexit and I would not be surprised if they all voted Leave.

Mind you people will read what they want to see. That very linked article also says:
Manufacturers' expectations for output price inflation is at its highest since mid-2011, and the CBI says consumer services and distributive sector firms are already expecting a slowdown in growth over the next few months.

CBI principal economist Alpesh Paleja said: "It's great to see the economy end the year on the up, with growth strengthening across the private sector.

"However, economic growth is likely to soften next year, as heightened uncertainty hits business investment and higher inflation weighs on household spending.
Where is that higher inflation coming from? The falling pound Rees Mogg is so fond of.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

The main problem that the leavers tend to ignore is the sheer opportunism of business people.

It is probably true to say that in realistic terms Brexit is not that impactful in terms of how trade deals and business running etc operate. However just because there is no direct impact does not stop businesses from cashing in on said impact causing in effect a real impact!

My dad is a leaver and he argues whenever i mention a business putting their prices up due to brexit "oh they just saying that" but thats the point, business will use this even if there isn't a direct impact to cash in.

Its like if they announced on the news there was a shortage of carrots even though there wasnt, people would rush out to get carrots and companies would exploit this by raising the price of carrots, until the mass buying created a REAL shortage thus pushing up prices even further because a problem that wasn't a problem created a real problem.

With no official exit strategy we have left ourselves incredibly vulnerable to exploitation in this way, so expect evry man and his dog to take advantage of all of uncertainty due to a complete lack of real plans from the leave campaign

you can scream we got our country back all you want - but the truth is, if anything you've just handed more control of it to Europe and the rest of the world because they can see a lost deer in an open field and they will pounce
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:The main problem that the leavers tend to ignore is the sheer opportunism of business people.

It is probably true to say that in realistic terms Brexit is not that impactful in terms of how trade deals and business running etc operate. However just because there is no direct impact does not stop businesses from cashing in on said impact causing in effect a real impact!

My dad is a leaver and he argues whenever i mention a business putting their prices up due to brexit "oh they just saying that" but thats the point, business will use this even if there isn't a direct impact to cash in.

Its like if they announced on the news there was a shortage of carrots even though there wasnt, people would rush out to get carrots and companies would exploit this by raising the price of carrots, until the mass buying created a REAL shortage thus pushing up prices even further because a problem that wasn't a problem created a real problem.

With no official exit strategy we have left ourselves incredibly vulnerable to exploitation in this way, so expect evry man and his dog to take advantage of all of uncertainty due to a complete lack of real plans from the leave campaign

you can scream we got our country back all you want - but the truth is, if anything you've just handed more control of it to Europe and the rest of the world because they can see a lost deer in an open field and they will pounce
While i agree with you on most of what you say,until we're paying a fiver for a loaf the leave lot won't have it,they got their country back,i still dont know what that means but then again i dont know what the plans are for the divorce either.

That said it does seem im in good company as most of the government doesnt know either.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

My grandad had the right idea with newspapers. They were ripped into squares and hung on a nail on the toilet door!!
That's quite appropriate for the one above.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
SJ

Post by SJ »

Nice to agree with you on something ???? :lol:
Happy New year for 1917 to both you WW and Meds
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wandering Warrior wrote:My grandad had the right idea with newspapers. They were ripped into squares and hung on a nail on the toilet door!!
That's quite appropriate for the one above.
They keep proving you wrong though don't they :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Yes you're right, it's better to wipe the winits with Andrex! Express is far too course for my mild complexion!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

posting "Facts" from the express or the mail Medlocke is like reading your News from the Daily star. :roll:

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.