Here we go again - Tonight

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
standishcat

Re: Here we go again - Ton...

Post by standishcat »

Noticed today that we trained a lot more on the pitch
I noticed that too, my first thoughts were I wonder if this is what Millward's introduced.
dr aiden nealson

Post by dr aiden nealson »

it's ok doing extra training on the pitch ,but surely this must be implemented when the other teams joins them, and it's game on
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Oh it was implemented! Wild dropped the ball in training...Wild dropped the ball on the field.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
dr aiden nealson

Post by dr aiden nealson »

i like your positive thinking ,tell me more!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Got to be positive at times like this haven't you! I mean fact is, what you practice in training should be brought onto the pitch, so Wild only did what was necessary by dropping the ball. Also, we were using those big sponge things and running at them rather than around them, we did that too!

I don't know how to feel about tonight at all, I'm just disappointed, thought we looked really up for it and hoped I'd be wrong about us only beating them by 2 points but was clearly wrong. Like Milly says, the effort was there. We just werent consistent enough, or we were (positive) but only in knock ons and stupid passes.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

I didn't make it up from Bronco land tonight but from what my mates tell me and what I read on the board we were a mixture of unlucky and downright poor which sums up a lot of this season, when you are playing badly then luck deserts you too (see Wales RU from about 1989 to this year)

We need a fairly hefty clear out, I hate to say it but a lot of those lads are just never going to take us forward, Millward has his work cut out but he can rebuild us (remember the Six Million Dollar Man?)and is already showing that, we just need to give him what we haven't been giving anyone for about ten years...time.

We'll still beat Saints in the Cup, it is written in the stars.
earl_crabtree_wanna_be

Post by earl_crabtree_wanna_be »

hey least millwards keepin up his record, he never cud win at the JJB! haha!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

MrsLam posted:
Prescott - Cruciate
Is that another one out for the season? Cruciate ligament injuries are worse than medial ligament injuries, and I'm still struggling to get up and down the steps at the JJB after my medial ligament injury at new year.

Prescott will be missed, he's several times the player SeuSeu is. Jerry was woeful tonight, not for the first time. Is he afraid of being tackled? Many's the time he gets the ball but offloads before he gets within 5 yards of the defensive line. He's a prop, he's supposed to take the hits. Instead he leaves it to someone else to get flattened. Sorry, but the general concensus around us tonight was that it's time to say See You to Jerry and send him back again cos he's a waste of a large shirt.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

Thats ashame if Prescott has done his cruciate he looked really promising brilliant running. I think brown done his ankle when he knocked on. Oh no and rads has done his hamstring thats him on the sidline for 5 weeks. Lets hope Orr is back for hull because brown is too greedy.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
HappyHooker

Post by HappyHooker »

ChrisA posted:
Aspinwall was the same clueless player he always is, he plays like his eyes are sewn up, he gets ball in hand, then its head down and run, he has no idea where anyone is, no idea how to make space for his winger, for instance at the end of the game, we had a 3 on 2 overlap, Melling had the ball with Aspinwall and Dalls outside, Melling drew his man and passed to Aspinwall and all he would have had to do was take the pass and draw in the in the winger and pass, and Dallas had open field, but what does he do, he comes inside as Melling passes for no possible reason and the pass goes into touch making Melling look bad, that sort of play tipifies Aspinwalls game, he has no idea of what a centre is or what a centres job is.
These 2 guys have to go, persisting with Brown at stand off will kill us, he isnt a stand off and never will be, and having and Aspinwall in the centre is just pointless, his winger might aswel put up a tent and wait until theres some tackles to be made.
I agree 100% with aspinwall. He doesnt know what a bloody centre is!!! He just puts his head down and gets tackled; probably doesnt even realise he's got a winger outside him!!! If careny stays, get rid of aspinwall and put richards in at centre. Or better yet, sign someone who knows something about drawing your man and then PASSING the ball to your winger in space!!

btw, not as bad, but wild doesnt do this well either. We have no good centres at the mo, and gleeson and melling wont be ready for a few good years!
Being a warrior is not just a past-time; it's a choice of life.