18 Stone of Idiot

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaiJones

18 Stone of Idiot

Post by DaiJones »

No don't worry, this isn't a post about Wayne McDonald..rather the dreadful Channel 4 show hosted by a certain portly Saints fan, I don't like to advertise rival shows but I happened to flick over just now and saw Johnny Vegas dressed as a bee on a platform as Super League players tried to tackle him onto a crash mat, I saw a quick glimpse of Martin Offiah representing us in the cherry and white but didn't see any more. Anyone else?

Obviously still smarting at losing out to Du'aine Ladejo for the slot on Celebrity Love Island, Chariots went on to cover himself in glory then in The Pub Lock In, where alongside Johnny and the likes of Roger de Courcy and Terry Nutkins he drank heavily, burped and discussed which of Cagney and Lacey they'd rather sleep with...a salutary lesson for our departing ex-captain about the evils of a bit of national profile.

For the record he said both Cagney and Lacey.
earl_crabtree_wanna_be

Re: 18 Stone of Idiot

Post by earl_crabtree_wanna_be »

dreadful?? legend ov show!! how can any1 who has the ability to laugh not find it funi! dont like the guy but one hell ov a comedian!
earl_crabtree_wanna_be

thought the wayne McDonald line wer funi tho! mayb comedy could be your pathway to stardom! vegas may b come a role model....................probably not
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I think he's the most unfunny person in the world if thats even a word. I don't find him humourous at all other than the fact that hehas a squeaky voice.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
earl_crabtree_wanna_be

i laughed! n so did my mum so ther!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Well you're easily amused! Didn't your mum say you looked like Jonny Vegas?
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
dr aiden nealson

Post by dr aiden nealson »

i actually know johnny (mike) from my younger days,behind the front he puts on he's a decent fella,i went to school with he's two brothers,he used to work behind the bar in the brown edge pub in nutgrove (st.helens) with my wife.even though he is a decent bloke he struggles to make me chortle. is this classed as a claim to fame?
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

I like Jonny, he is a clever bloke and a very talented stand up on his day, although his career appears to be taking an ill advised turn lately. The show is really desperate.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

DaiJones posted:
The show is really desperate.
Don't you mean dreadful? I watched 2 minutes of the show last week, and was absolutely amazed that people think the guy has talent. They say that different people have a different sense of humour, and I must be different to most people because Johnny Vegas doesn't appeal at all to my sense of humour. Needless to say I won't be wasting the 2p worth of electricity turning his show on again.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Tom_McCooey

Post by Tom_McCooey »

Johnny Vegas is just awful. He annoys me and he's unnecissarily provocative. If you want real comedy then watch Dylan Moran.
Wigan 'til I die.