Why are you all havin' a go at your backs?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

I can't understand how all off you are havin' a go at your backs....they're trying to win the game for you.
Its your forwards that arn't up to scratch, no class back could do anythin' behind that pack.

Your backs are top your forwards ar not...lay off Mellin, Aspo, Moran and Ore they're tryin' their upmost. If a back forces a pass or knocks on its because of the effort he's makin to be in on the action and are steppin up to do the work because your forwards haven't laid the platform.

Have a closer look at SeuSeu, Newton, Guisset and previously Sculthorpe...they're just goin through the motions, there's no extra effort from any of them.
Doveoverdave

Re: Why are you all havin' a g...

Post by Doveoverdave »

p 'n' b posted
Countless posts have condemed the forwards. Plenty about SS standing still apparently. We're short of ability - period. Said before 1 thru 20 can be replaced in this lot
thegimble

Re: Why are you all havin'...

Post by thegimble »

Doveoverdave posted:
p 'n' b posted
Countless posts have condemed the forwards. Plenty about SS standing still apparently. We're short of ability - period. Said before 1 thru 20 can be replaced in this lot
What is apparent now is that we miss Danny Orr. As ive said before we miss him more when he is bot there than we realise.
hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

Well said thegimble couldn't agree more. I can't wait till Danny returns
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

thegimble posted:
Doveoverdave posted:
p 'n' b posted

What is apparent now is that we miss Danny Orr. As ive said before we miss him more when he is bot there than we realise.
You may well be correct in this asumption.

If so it just goes to prove what a poor squad we have, because as posted earlier Orr is not in the top dozen SL 6's & 7's.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

hayley 04 posted:
Well said thegimble couldn't agree more. I can't wait till Danny returns
Wow im not the only one then.

Orr is class and he will get us some wins. What is so annoying on here if he played last night hed get crucifired on here and singled out for abuse by more than half on here. But if Brown has a below average game then its his inexperienced hes out of position he is young.

That annoys me.

IF YOUR GOOD ENOUGH YOUR YOUNG ENOUGH.

And Brown is not.,
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Doveoverdave posted:
thegimble posted:
Doveoverdave posted: Countless posts have condemed the forwards. Plenty about SS standing still apparently. We're short of ability - period. Said before 1 thru 20 can be replaced in this lot

If so it just goes to prove what a poor squad we have, because as posted earlier Orr is not in the top dozen SL 6's & 7's.
No disagree with u.

Weve played the game to Faz's strengths. Now Orr will get his chance.

O' Neill, Johns amd a few other No6 have become below average due to our style of play.
hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

Again thegimble you have read my thoughts. I couldn't agree with you more over Danny Orr. Much as I love Kevin Brown he isn't a stand off and Danny is world class and will get the chance to prove it if the forwards do the groundwork like they did against Salford. I think Ian Millward will get Danny and Dennis working well they just need a bit of time to get their relationship going as I think they've started about three games together all year.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

hayley 04 posted:
Again thegimble you have read my thoughts. I couldn't agree with you more over Danny Orr. Much as I love Kevin Brown he isn't a stand off and Danny is world class and will get the chance to prove it if the forwards do the groundwork like they did against Salford. I think Ian Millward will get Danny and Dennis working well they just need a bit of time to get their relationship going as I think they've started about three games together all year.
Sounds like Moran is on borowed time. Weve been linked in the papers today with Matt Orford.
mario

Post by mario »

thegimble posted:
Doveoverdave posted:
thegimble posted:

No disagree with u.

Weve played the game to Faz's strengths. Now Orr will get his chance.

O' Neill, Johns amd a few other No6 have become below average due to our style of play.
Don't think it would have stopped Trent Barrett or Fittler from playing well!