Take over talk again.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
billyboy

Take over talk again.

Post by billyboy »

My info is that take over talk has been resurrected again. Look out for news of this in the press next week.

If we do get new owners, along with a new coach, I hope that between them they will wonder why a centre who can't pass, can't beat a man and is hardly the best tackler in the world is an automatic choice every match.
Paul Cullen's eaten my dictionary!
MrsLam

Re: Take over talk again.

Post by MrsLam »

Eh...a new coach?

Oh gawd no, not again.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

MrsLam posted:
Eh...a new coach?

Oh gawd no, not again.
Millward's had as long as most of our previous coaches...he's clearly not up to the job.

we_need_a_coach! :angry:
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

GeoffN posted:
MrsLam posted:
Eh...a new coach?

Oh gawd no, not again.
Millward's had as long as most of our previous coaches...he's clearly not up to the job.

we_need_a_coach! :angry:
:lol:
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

If we want wins its what we have to do, millward won his first game, bring in a new coach every week and we'll be right up in that top 6, wins and a new coach every week from now on :wink:
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

mrs_carney posted:
If we want wins its what we have to do, millward won his first game, bring in a new coach every week and we'll be right up in that top 6, wins and a new coach every week from now on :wink:
This is the kind of thinking that revolutionised the contact lens industry!! :D
billyboy

Post by billyboy »

MrsLam posted:
Eh...a new coach?

Oh gawd no, not again.
OH deas! I really did think that you would realise that the new coach I referred to was Millward. Sorry for the confusion. Doesn't hide the fact though that we need to get the management sorted.

Whelan has said that Maurice God will still be in charge of recruitment, which by implication also means he is in charge of departures. If his past record is anything to go by, we will get rid of Terry Newton, replace him with James Lowes, get rid of Gaz Hock and replace him with Chris Joynt. The possibilities are endless.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

billyboy posted:
MrsLam posted:
Eh...a new coach?

Oh gawd no, not again.
OH deas! I really did think that you would realise that the new coach I referred to was Millward. Sorry for the confusion. Doesn't hide the fact though that we need to get the management sorted.

Whelan has said that Maurice God will still be in charge of recruitment, which by implication also means he is in charge of departures. If his past record is anything to go by, we will get rid of Terry Newton, replace him with James Lowes, get rid of Gaz Hock and replace him with Chris Joynt. The possibilities are endless.
In all seriousness there is a case to be made for getting rid of both.

We have 2 good hookers and IMO Godwin needs to be spending more time on the field. There are certain clubs out there that really need a good hooker and have players we could use, notably Warrington (Gleeson) and Bradford (Peacock, who I believe is off contract next season).

At the time of Hock's injury he was only starting to follow up his promising start. Nowhere near the finished article (way too lightweight)and by no means certain to come back as good as new and be able to progress.
billyboy

Post by billyboy »

jinkin jimmy posted:
billyboy posted:

OH dear! I really did think that you would realise that the new coach I referred to was Millward. Sorry for the confusion. Doesn't hide the fact though that we need to get the management sorted.

In all seriousness there is a case to be made for getting rid of both.

We have 2 good hookers and IMO Godwin needs to be spending more time on the field. There are certain clubs out there that really need a good hooker and have players we could use, notably Warrington (Gleeson) and Bradford (Peacock, who I believe is off contract next season).

At the time of Hock's injury he was only starting to follow up his promising start. Nowhere near the finished article (way too lightweight)and by no means certain to come back as good as new and be able to progress.
You are right. Peacock is off contract and Caisley has (apparently) told him that they can't wait for ever. Noble's interest in Newton is well known. According to a posting on another thread, Maurice God has promised that he will announce the signing of an international forward next week. Maybe 2 & 2 are making 5, but there is a possibility. However, I would not like to lose Newton. We need two good hookers.

Gareth Hock in my opinion is one of the most promising young forwards in the game. Still, as you say, a bit lightweight, but bags of time to build up. With this long lay off, I wouldn't be surprised if he is considerably heavier when he comes back.
I would certainly love to see Gleeson at Wigan, but I think he signed something like a four year contract at Warrington. Additionally, Clarke is still only in his twenties and is backed up by Mark Gleeson, so I don't think there,s much mileage in that one.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

billyboy posted:
According to a posting on another thread, Maurice God has promised that he will announce the signing of an international forward next week. Maybe 2 & 2 are making 5, but there is a possibility.
Friday's match day programme said there was a 3rd signing to come from Chairman Mo's trip Down Under to go with Fletcher and that other guy (Pat Richards?). No mention of who, but the international forward could be this mystery player?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]