Hooper for Warriors?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ladylloyd

Re: Hooper for Warriors?

Post by ladylloyd »

Did you actually watch the game on Friday if you did you would have noticed that Terry Newton was the laziest player on the pitch and instead of running with the ball he was trying to hard to get a penalty. Maybe we should allow him to leave and go to the Saint bad. As for Dallas he needs to learn to run in a staight line and then maybe we would actually make some ground. See you on Friday.

MrsLam: Could you please not swear...and I know that the sentence I've moderated doesn't make any sense.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

ladylloyd posted:

Did you actually watch the game on Friday if you did you would have noticed that Terry Newton was the laziest player on the pitch and instead of running with the ball he was trying to hard to get a penalty. Maybe we should allow him to leave and go to the Saint bad. As for Dallas he needs to learn to run in a staight line and then maybe we would actually make some ground. See you on Friday.
newton got the coaches choice as mom
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
earl_crabtree_wanna_be

Post by earl_crabtree_wanna_be »

mrs_carney posted:
earl_crabtree_w anna_be posted:
EARL CRABTREE FOR WIGAN!!! mayb if we get tony smith as a coach we'll get him :eusa10:

sayin this tho, if we do sign sum saints players i will eat my words
We've already had one tall useless donkey this season and hes gone to join earl, so lets leave them be. Why the hell would we want tony smith as coach, i found out today he is possibly the most irritating coach in SL.
you dont get sarcasm do you?! and anyway Earl is not a donkey, against us he did the most running in the game, when they went up he wuz in almost every tackle, puttin us on our bottoms! actually watch games then reply, yah?
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

So a couple of attempts to get a penalty cancel out his otherwise fantastic performance. Dallas made more metres than most players out there, including so called props like seuseu. and if your trying to say cunningham would be better than newton then your mad.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Thats because wigan have no idea how to tackle tall players, they have the same trouble when mcdonald played for leeds and with fielden, they go high instead of for the legs.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

ladylloyd posted:

Did you actually watch the game on Friday if you did you would have noticed that Terry Newton was the laziest player on the pitch and instead of running with the ball he was trying to hard to get a penalty. Maybe we should allow him to leave and go to the Saint Shit'. As for Dallas he needs to learn to run in a staight line and then maybe we would actually make some ground. See you on Friday.

So you judge players on 1 game. When they have been our best players for the last 12 months.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

i cant beleive ne 1 ? newtons efforts :o
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

thegimble posted:
Grow up please.

Fact is they are far ahead of us at the moment. And who exazctly do you think hes going to turn into a better player.

Kevin lets panic Brown
Mark Im A Centre not a winger Aspinwall

Some players are just not good enough.

Apart from Newton, Dallas and Tickle hardly any one from the Wigan squad would get a lookin at the Saints.

Why is it that when someone mentions that Saints have better players the reaction on here is to say go and support them.

If we sign a couple of the Saints players then by your reaction can i take it youll go and watch where ever our players who gets released will go. Wether it be Leigh Widness London.
They are far ahead of us and have more chance of winning something this season, so this would mean that Saints will be offloading them? That wouldn't make sense from their point of view.

We have let enough players in the past go so why are you asking me if I wll be following any players that leave? I clearly haven't before. And why is the reaction on this board, "Grow up" when people have a different opinion?

I haven't denied that they do have some quality but what I have said is that I don't want to become Widnes and be a Saints reject team. I don't think a massive change of the team is what is needed. A few should go I agree, Aspy, Carney if the rumours are true, Orr if he doesn't start playing well under Millward and SeuSeu if he doesn't start playing like a prop.

I have pride in this team and how the effort has been made to bring in local lads and try to make them the best they can, unfortunately this hasn't come off for us (yet?) but this is because too many were brought in at one time, we should have gradually introduced 2 or 3 a season. Wigan should be proud of their nearly all British team, if Millward is going to get any respect off me it will be for what he does with OUR team now not what he has already done with Saints.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

He has a very boring voice doesn't he MrsCarney, one you could easily fall asleep to.

Hooper showed a typical arrogant attitude today when one of Bradfords youngsters dropped the ball, very childish and embarassing to watch.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

When he was talking in the game his voice just blended in to the crowd noise and you forgot he was talking. Its a wonder he gets the leeds players to do anything with a monotonous voice like that.
I thought hoopers reaction was uncalled for as well MrsLam not something you want to see "senior" players do to youngsters.