Re: Retro game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I think he was only with us for a season & didn't play many games through injury. Didn't we get him from Wakefield or Castleford somewhere round there anyway?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Think he was from Dewsbury, but definitely tother side erthill. Never fulfilled his early promise.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Signed from Wakefield.

Started life as a full back there (if I remember correctly) before ending up as a quite skillful prop at Trimity

Think he was a speculative signing by Wigan and as all ready repeated injuries curtailed his career. Very highly rated prospect that never shone through
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

Ha I was being a bit facetious writing that and putting him on a par with Lam and Johns. Stephenson played 11 times that year though.

Whilst on retro, I've supplied them TWELVE Saints derbies to go on before Christmas, starting with one from 1993 early next week.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Bilko wrote:Ha I was being a bit facetious writing that and putting him on a par with Lam and Johns. Stephenson played 11 times that year though.

Whilst on retro, I've supplied them TWELVE Saints derbies to go on before Christmas, starting with one from 1993 early next week.
Brilliant, thank you ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan