Sculthorpe Drops Appeal Against Ban

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Sculthorpe Drops Appeal Against Ban

Post by Fraggle »

From http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... horpe.html
SportingLife.com wrote:

SCULTHORPE DROPS APPEAL
Wigan prop Danny Sculthorpe has withdrawn his appeal against a two-match suspension for illegal use of the forearm.

Sculthorpe had hoped to have the length of his ban reduced after being punished for clashing with Salford's Mark Shipway in an engage Super League encounter last Monday.

Sculthorpe, who was also fined £350, will now serve the second of match of his ban as Wigan play Hull at the JJB Stadium on Friday.
So now we're struggling for front-row players for Friday. I wonder what's behind this?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
jinkin jimmy

Re: Sculthorpe Drops Appeal Ag...

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Probably injured!!
waterside glens

Re: Sculthorpe Drops Appea...

Post by waterside glens »

i still don,t think scully did anything wrong. it,s a contact sport are we going the way of football where they roll about crying at every chance available
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Looks like he's been warned that he'll get a longer ban if he appeals. Not read the story yet, been a busy bee painting garden fences all day
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
portite

Post by portite »

It says on Teletext that Danny has recently signed a 3 year deal. Let's hope he improves and people back him up when he's got the ball.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Thats a big problem all over the field. I was watching that Paramatta game the other day and funnily enough when a break is made, there's 2 or 3 other men running alongside so the full back has to commit himself to one of them while the other goes in for the try. Really good to watch and makes you realise how lacking in anything Wigans game is right now.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!