Matty Smith

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Panchitta Marra

Matty Smith

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Just heard from one of the Mrs daughters that Matty Smith has broken his leg and had to come off just before half time in Sintelins game against Widnes.
I wasn't Matty's biggest of fans but it's not nice to see any player injured and hope that he has a speedy recovery.
josie andrews

Re: Matty Smith

Post by josie andrews »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Just heard from one of the Mrs daughters that Matty Smith has broken his leg and had to come off just before half time in Sintelins game against Widnes.
I wasn't Matty's biggest of fans but it's not nice to see any player injured and hope that he has a speedy recovery.
Gutted for him, played all those years for us without a serious injury!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Just heard from one of the Mrs daughters that Matty Smith has broken his leg and had to come off just before half time in Sintelins game against Widnes.
As everyone on here knows Matty wasn't my favourite player but he is a damned nice and decent guy. I too feel very sorry for him and hope he makes a quick and full recovery.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
FWarrior

Post by FWarrior »

Very sad news. By all accounts he was having a stormer too.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Hope the lad gets better,for all the stick he took he never gave less than 110%,genuinly nice guy hope he gets better soon.
BriH

Post by BriH »

Best wishes on a speedy recovery.
OJ

Post by OJ »

Terrible news, so sorry for the guy. Hope he gets better very soon
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

All the best with the recovery Matty, never ever once let our club down!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Same here
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

i see that KC has named the player who injured Matty Smith. This indicated that it could be serious, it's not normal for coaches to be critical of a specific opposition player but it appears that Manase Manuokafoa went out to injure Smith with the way he took Smith out off the ball.
Another of those nasty tackles that crept into the game five or six years ago with the 'Chicken Wing' and attack to the knee in a standing tackle. KC refers to this as a 'Ninja' Tackle.