Disgrace

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan Watcher

Disgrace

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Been to the match a Leigh today and thought the young guys played well and I didn't have a problem at all. What I felt was a disgrace was Wigan have hyped this game up for weeks and to put a team out like that for Micky Macs testimonial and to allow fans to watch that under a pretence is a disgrace. £20 for an A team match is not acceptable. Shame on you Mr Wayne for portraying to field a team that could win this game, you have stolen my money.

Fujiman

Re: Disgrace

Post by Fujiman »

And we're off :lol: :lol:
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Did we lose?
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

It was a friendly for god's sake and if you had read the preview on the clubs website a few days ago, when the squad was announced, Wane did say he'd give the second half over to the youngsters, to see what they could do.

With last year's injury "horror" show, the last thing Wane needs before the season kicks off, are serious, long standing injuries so I think the team selection had a look of "clean health" about it.

At least monies taken today were a contribution towards MM, so you can take consolation from that, plus the fact Saints may have lost Matty Smith for the season, as a result of a an ankle injury in their friendly with Widnes. I'll bet Saints would sooner have lost this game and had a fully fit Smith, rather than the win they got, but possibly losing their star recruit for the year !
OJ

Post by OJ »

Oh good grief here we go ...............

I never like us to lose but as someone else has said it was a friendly against a virtually full strength Leigh side. I thought it was nice to see potential stars of the future and the experience will have done them the world of good and given the coaching staff some good indicators on what some players can or cannot do. First half was ok and I enjoyed the match and it didn't mean much other than experience for the players and blowing some cobwebs away for everyone. Not happy that we lost but not upset either - move on.

Try looking at it from a positive point of view in that you can look back in years to come and say you remember watching so-and-so when he played one of his first team matches.

Only negative from me was I didn't know one of the new rules for 2017 was to ignore forward passes from Leigh players :conf:
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

FWarrior

Post by FWarrior »

I am pretty sure well in advance Wigan stated they would be switching the team around at half time. It is not like they have not done so in previous pre seasons either. More importantly what is the real reason of pre season, to win meaningless game or to get as many players as possible match fit and up to speed?
FWarrior

Post by FWarrior »

Anybody want a laugh. Read the Leythers elsewhere. The following is by a Mr Leigh Amateur / Ex Leigh Coach;
what on earth was wane thinking he was totally out coached by neil jukes today watching leigh today was like watching the aussies in 82
:roll: Idiot is polite.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Bad result,sure but its nothing more than a glorified training sesson really
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

FWarrior wrote:Anybody want a laugh. Read the Leythers elsewhere. The following is by a Mr Leigh Amateur / Ex Leigh Coach;
what on earth was wane thinking he was totally out coached by neil jukes today watching leigh today was like watching the aussies in 82
:roll: Idiot is polite.
I bet he won't give me 40 points start when we play in the league!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wigan Watcher wrote:Been to the match a Leigh today and thought the young guys played well and I didn't have a problem at all. What I felt was a disgrace was Wigan have hyped this game up for weeks and to put a team out like that for Micky Macs testimonial and to allow fans to watch that under a pretence is a disgrace. £20 for an A team match is not acceptable. Shame on you Mr Wayne for portraying to field a team that could win this game, you have stolen my money.

A better option would have been signing up to Wigan TV where you could watch all the pre-season games live. These games are always a lottery and ones which I avoid at all costs. Personally, I will be support MM's testimonial year in other ways.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards