Both out

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Both out

Post by MrsLam »

As we already expected:

Prescott out for the season because of his cruciate
Rads out for 2 months because of a hamstring

Great...
Wigan Warriors were today left reeling after more devastating news on the injury front.
Skipper Kris Radlinski will be sidelined for at least two months after pulling a hamstring at the weekend, while front row prospect Paul Prescott will not play again this season.
Prescott fell victim to the Wigan 'curse' during his side's demoralising 22-18 defeat at the hands of London Broncos on Friday.
The 19-year-old-prop has become the third player at the club to tear a cruciate ligament in his knee and will now join Sean O'Loughlin and Gareth Hock in the long-term recovery room waiting for the 2006 season to start.
Chairman Maurice Lindsay is as upset as the players.
He said: "This is yet more harrowing news with injuries. I am completely sick and fed up with hearing about damaged cruciate ligaments.
"Leeds players seem to stub their toes and then need just a few days off to recover, but we pick up major problems which are keeping key players out of the side until next year – I think we must be cursed.
"Kris Radlinski will be out for two months after again damaging the hamstring that has given him so much trouble in the past, which is just typical of our bad luck."
Kevin Brown is also struggling to shake off an ankle injury picked up late in the defeat against Broncos and looks set to miss out on the clash with Hull at the JJB on Friday night.
Financial restraints mean that Lindsay can bring in no reinforcements this summer.
Lindsay has just returned from Australia with Souths second row captain Bryan Fletcher and Wests winger Pat Richards in the bag.
He has one more potential signing filed under top secret at the moment, but the player is also only scheduled to arrive in 2006, not this summer.
Meanwhile Wigan have parted company with on-loan prop Wayne McDonald, who has been handed a full-time contract by Huddersfield until the end of the season.
Lindsay said that McDonald – on loan from Leeds – wanted a more secure deal.
Danny Sculthorpe's appeal will be heard at RFL headquarters tomorrow.
The Wigan prop is appealing after being handed a two-match ban and fined £350 after being found guilty of striking against Salford a week ago.
Sculthorpe has already missed one game.
http://www.wigantoday.net/ViewArticle2. ... ID=1046980
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mrs_carney

Re: Both out

Post by mrs_carney »

Speaking of rads, he was seen out with a club agent from sale sharks, could he be going as well. If he does i'll be very disappointed because it'll seem like hes going just because times are getting tough
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

mrs_carney posted:
Speaking of rads, he was seen out with a club agent from sale sharks, could he be going as well. If he does i'll be very disappointed because it'll seem like hes going just because times are getting tough
look at my pic im with milly dosnt mean he wants to sign me :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

mrs_carney posted:
If his contract is up then that's fair enough. I think he's on a supplemented contract as was Cunningham at Saints (+£30k I think).

Cunningham has just signed a reduced contract and maybe Rads wants to maintain his income level. If so he HAS to go to RU because he is past his best and has been injured all season and the SL clubs would not risk a huge contract for him.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

It's up next season, so if he wants to go then thats fair enough hes honoured his contract and i'll wish him well, as with faz we've had the best from him. But if he were to go next season like faz did just leave start of season, then i would be disappointed.
big ears

Post by big ears »

Bring back Briscoe He shouldn't have been allowed to go in the 1st place and has played Brill for Hull. We should get what we can for Rads.......and Brown is never a full back
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Bring in reardon he's a free agent at the end of this season. Briscoe's contracted until 07, he's played brilliant in attack for hull, but he isn't a superb defender. Brown is a good stand in full back, better than some we've had.
big ears

Post by big ears »

I am sorry to disagree Mrs but Brown couldn't catch a ball if it had a handle on it. That said when he does get the ball, he knows how to keep hold of it! :exc: :lol:
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

He makes a better job of it than melling does, so hes our only other real option
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Which is a very worrying sign. There isn't another full back anything like Kris Radlinski, it's a completely natural skill to him so when he goes, who the hell can we sign to replace him? No one will be good enough.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!