friday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

friday

Post by mrs_carney »

Wigan Warriors Head Coach Ian Millward has included 18 year old youngster Chris Ashton in his squad for Friday's home engage Super League game against Hull FC, 8pm kick off.

Ashton represented the England under 18's academy who were successful last year down under, he can play full back or outside back. He has come through the clubs scholarship scheme and is a former Orrell St James Junior.

Ashton is likely to be on the bench with Kevin Brown at full back as Danny Orr returns at half back to partner Dennis Moran. Elsewhere Wigan are without Radlinski (leg) and Prescott (cruciate ligament) from the 17 on duty last week against London. Added to a squad of 17 is Dave Allen.

Ashton will be given shirt number 31.

The Wigan squad is :-

Brown, Carney, Aspinwall, Wild, Dallas, Orr, Moran, Seuseu, Newton, Guisset, Tickle, Hansen, Tomkins, Hargreaves, Godwin, Allen, Ashton.

11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
jinkin jimmy

Re: friday

Post by jinkin jimmy »

2 points to make here:-

1. Look like adios Melling.
2. Who's going to sell the Golden Gamble tickets?
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

It's certainly an interesting selection. giving tomkins a run out at 13 is going to be good/interesting to watch. Wild in the centres AGAIN and i thought millward had realised he wasn't a centre :angry: I'm really glad to see orr back, hopefully he can silence his critics and him and moran can click. Brown doesn't worry me too much at full back he's been playing really well lately so hopefully he can carry it on. Bench seems a little lightweight, but it's probably the strongest we have, glad to see millward running through our youngsters checking them all out.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

mrs_carney posted:
It's certainly an interesting selection. giving tomkins a run out at 13 is going to be good/interesting to watch. Wild in the centres AGAIN and i thought millward had realised he wasn't a centre :angry: I'm really glad to see orr back, hopefully he can silence his critics and him and moran can click. Brown doesn't worry me too much at full back he's been playing really well lately so hopefully he can carry it on. Bench seems a little lightweight, but it's probably the strongest we have, glad to see millward running through our youngsters checking them all out.
he needs to see who is keeping on now hes not getting long :roll: :lol: :) :D
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Wild in the centres AGAIN
If not Wild who?
I'm really glad to see orr back, hopefully he can silence his critics
Me too! Hope I'm quiet as a (mrs?) lam(b)
Brown doesn't worry me too much at full back
He does me I'm afraid.
Bench seems a little lightweight
As always
probably the strongest we have
unfortunately true!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Gleeson can play in the centres, why not bench wild and try him out he cant be any worse.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

mrs_carney posted:
Gleeson can play in the centres, why not bench wild and try him out he cant be any worse.
and drop who off our great bench :blush:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

mrs_carney posted:
Millward has had a little look at Gleeson and you have to respect his judgement for the time being. He could be alot worse than Wild - you see Pratt yesterday!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

mike binder posted:
mrs_carney posted:
and drop who off our great bench :blush:
:) :)
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I've liked what I've seen of Allen so far...seems to make breaks more than many of the others. I'd have been more inclined to start him at 13, with Tomkins on the bench.
Who goes to fullback when Orr goes off injured again, and Brown has to go back to 6? Ashton?