Pryce

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Pryce

Post by MrsLam »

Just thought I'd update anyone who hasn't seen.
Pryce given a three match ban plus a £350 fine for his very dangerous tackle t'other day. Must like the number 350.

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 96,00.html
Bradford Bulls centre Leon Pryce has been handed a three-match ban after his sending-off in last Sunday's engage Super League game against St Helens.
After appearing in front of the Rugby League's disciplinary committee in Leeds, Pryce was found guilty of a reckless high tackle on Saints centre Jamie Lyon in the 27th minute of the Odsal encounter.

The visitors made the most of Pryce's absence, pulling away to score a record 66-4 win against the 12-man Bulls side.

Pryce, who was also fined £350, will begin his suspension when Bradford visit Huddersfield on Saturday.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mrs_carney

Re: Pryce

Post by mrs_carney »

Just what he deserves. glad to see there seems to be some consistency going on now.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

Not Enough i think he should have 4 matches and a bigger fine, or at the least a bigger fine. He was sent off the pitch that must have shown that it was much mor severe than Scullys
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

WiganWarrior posted:
Not Enough i think he should have 4 matches and a bigger fine, or at the least a bigger fine. He was sent off the pitch that must have shown that it was much mor severe than Scullys
Ban him for life i say. Bring back hanging. Even that is too good for him. I do hope 1 day someone takes him out the same way he did Carney in the GF.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

The gentleman who had his head glassed ought to take a copy of it to court along with the Carney incident and demand a retrail based on obvious behavioural problems!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

He's just a thug, it wouldn't surprise me if bradford didn't resign him. He'll go for a few games fine without doing anything wrong, then he'll totally go mad and take someones head off. He's a liability to have in any team.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

mrs_carney posted:
He's just a thug, it wouldn't surprise me if bradford didn't resign him. He'll go for a few games fine without doing anything wrong, then he'll totally go mad and take someones head off. He's a liability to have in any team.
He young very experienced aggressive utility back that would boost our team no end if he could settle over the hill.

Much the same "thug" tag follows players around Terry Newton and Adrian Morley are just another two examples.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Doveoverdave posted:
mrs_carney posted:
He young very experienced aggressive utility back that would boost our team no end if he could settle over the hill.

Much the same "thug" tag follows players around Terry Newton and Adrian Morley are just another two examples.
That may be true but if you hadn't noticed terry has calmed down a lot lately, can't speak for morley.
As for boosting our team no end, i'd rather have jamie ainscough back!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

WiganWarrior posted:
Scully knocked a bloke unconcious who left the field and did not return to the pitch.

Pryce commited a bad foul which Lyon made the most of. Lyon didn't even take 5 mins on the wing, he just continued in the same brilliant vein and made and scored numerous tries.

You really must be more objective!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

the gimble posted;
I do hope 1 day someone takes him out the same way he did Carney
Stop living in the past!
I wish we had a someone that even resmbles an "enforcer" in the backs. Wasn't Dean Bell a hero of the terraces? They don't come much more uncompromising than him.