Sky Sports

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Sky Sports

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Why do they not do the obvious and make Eddie learn the rules. Alternatively, they could let Stuart Cummings commentate.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wiganer Ted

Re: Sky Sports

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Eddie has been on the mic for over 25 years and knows the rules just as us fans do.
Stuart Cummings has stopped all the ranting about refs making wrong calls when they got it right all along.
SKY's biggest problems are Barry and Terry. They are truly awful.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Wiganer Ted wrote:Eddie has been on the mic for over 25 years and knows the rules just as us fans do.
Stuart Cummings has stopped all the ranting about refs making wrong calls when they got it right all along.
He doesn't Ted, listen to his commentary. Sunday was a prime example. He needs to learn that if he doesn't know what he is talking about then he should keep his mouth firmly closed.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Eddie is hopeless of course but the biggest problem is Cummings, more time is wasted on decisions made even though some of them have little impact on the game and less time on the game itself.Can anyone visualise Ray Warren and Phil Gould continually referring to what the ref thinks to a decision?.Get the referee out of the commentary box and replace the clown Hemmings, although I really dont know who with.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Ray Warren and Phil Gould it is then.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Any of the Aussies (even Rabbits!) are preferable to Eddie and co in my book!
SJ

Post by SJ »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Eddie has been on the mic for over 25 years and knows the rules just as us fans do.
Even Stevo was better thanEddie. Eddie has a Journalistic approach to the game He's always on the look out for anything that could be considered by him to be contentious and exploiting it. He should commentate on the game. If the ref looks to have missed a forward pass say the game continues. It becomes irrelevant Going on about it changes nothing I gets viewers backs up and for the nueatral makes a mockery of the game. Compare and contrast NRL commentaries and even Union commentaries with ours knock ons forward passes are not dwelt on even if acted on by the ref which in my experience of Union refs is rare leaving the impression by the Un knowledgeable thinking the game is well controlled. Leave the Ref has the sole arbiter and the argueing to the fans in the Pub post match.
One of my gripes was evident in the WCC. The try awarded to Joe whose hand wasn't fully in control of the ball when grounded in fact he was in the process of loosing the ball The try was awarded cos is little. Finger was in contact with the ball. The rules say ,in effect the ball should be placed .... presupposing a degree of control which rules out little pinkies. They've been awarded before eg Hall tries All the same my Union contacts think it's Garbidge.

Re Terry and Baz I like them both. ????
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

I think Cummings does a good job.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

SJ wrote:
Even Stevo was better thanEddie. Eddie has a Journalistic approach to the game He's always on the look out for anything that could be considered by him to be contentious and exploiting it. He should commentate on the game. If the ref looks to have missed a forward pass say the game continues. It becomes irrelevant Going on about it changes nothing I gets viewers backs up and for the nueatral makes a mockery of the game. Compare and contrast NRL commentaries and even Union commentaries with ours knock ons forward passes are not dwelt on even if acted on by the ref which in my experience of Union refs is rare leaving the impression by the Un knowledgeable thinking the game is well controlled. Leave the Ref has the sole arbiter and the argueing to the fans in the Pub post match.
One of my gripes was evident in the WCC. The try awarded to Joe whose hand wasn't fully in control of the ball when grounded in fact he was in the process of loosing the ball The try was awarded cos is little. Finger was in contact with the ball. The rules say ,in effect the ball should be placed .... presupposing a degree of control which rules out little pinkies. They've been awarded before eg Hall tries All the same my Union contacts think it's Garbidge.

Re Terry and Baz I like them both. ????
He also despises us!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
SJ

Post by SJ »

I hope you mean Eddie and not TBW. Hope your well and looking forward to what looks like being a brill season ahead ????