Eddie Jones

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
thegimble

Re: Eddie Jones

Post by thegimble »

That was pure genius from Italy. Only thing they did wrong was not to wait until the second half of a close game to do it or even leave it until the next WC and beat a top side. If that game was close and they did that tactics at the second half they would have won.

Best thing I have seen all day its funny even the commentators reaction the ref telling players its a tackle. Look on peoples face.

AT LAST union has become watchable due to its hilarity.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

cow yeds wrote:Deliberate offside tactics today by the Italians to stop England moving the ball. Got away with it because they didn't contest the rucks. Jones was quite right in what he said.
Was what the Italians did against any rules in the game.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

thegimble wrote:
cow yeds wrote:Deliberate offside tactics today by the Italians to stop England moving the ball. Got away with it because they didn't contest the rucks. Jones was quite right in what he said.
Was what the Italians did against any rules in the game.
No.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

How much did Jones learn from Andrew John's.
Dummy runners, no look passes, good angled runs, I'm not convinced this is all out of Eddie Jones training bible.
Peter252

Post by Peter252 »

Great game plan by the Italians. The thing that makes me laugh most is the number of people who are suddenly experts and immediately knew what was the problem. I referee union and 90% of the players I ref do not know all the laws of the game. Especially the ruck laws.
The game is over complicated which helps account for it being way behind league in entertainment value.
The reason the tactic can't be played all the match is that as soon as the other side realise what the law says, they just pick the ball up and smash through the middle, which is what England did.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Rugby yawnion. It's too technical for the likes of us to understand, apparently.

Hence this quote from Eddie Jones last week: “George and Owen are a brilliant combination at 10 and 12,” says Jones. “They are able to read and control a game and are absolutely outstanding."

I wonder how they learned all the technicalities, being brought up in Rugby League?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
SJ

Post by SJ »

Panchitta Marra wrote:How much did Jones learn from Andrew John's.
Dummy runners, no look passes, good angled runs, I'm not convinced this is all out of Eddie Jones training bible.

Good point PM. Everything good has been learned from RL. Nice to see "game plans" could catch on in Union. ????
moto748

Post by moto748 »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Never mind the rules and technicalities im still baffled how 80,000 people inside a stadium can call that entertainment.

I would be checking the trade descriptions act very closely indeed

That was better than plenty of RU internationals...
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

morley pie eater wrote: Hence this quote from Eddie Jones last week: “George and Owen are a brilliant combination at 10 and 12,” says Jones. “They are able to read and control a game and are absolutely outstanding."

I wonder how they learned all the technicalities, being brought up in Rugby League?
A very good friend of mine posted a link on facebook the other day referencing an article in some newspaper that claimed they learned all this from attending a particular school in the St.Albans area where she lives. Ignoring the fact Owen Farrell played for Wigan St Pats for twice as long as he played junior RU at this school when his Dad moved down to play for Sarries. I was not happy.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

DaveO wrote:
morley pie eater wrote: Hence this quote from Eddie Jones last week: “George and Owen are a brilliant combination at 10 and 12,” says Jones. “They are able to read and control a game and are absolutely outstanding."

A very good friend of mine posted a link on facebook the other day referencing an article in some newspaper that claimed they learned all this from attending a particular school in the St.Albans area where she lives. Ignoring the fact Owen Farrell played for Wigan St Pats for twice as long as he played junior RU at this school when his Dad moved down to play for Sarries. I was not happy.
Jason Robinson was just a run of the mill rugby player until he learned his skills playing rugby union.
All according to Rugby union media of course.
This makes me dislike rugby union as a sport due to the lies they bring up in media, it is so false.