standing up in jjb

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
SiY

Re: standing up in jjb

Post by SiY »

If you want to stand you can stand. But people only generally stand near the Barmy Army. What i don't get is....why has the Barmy Army split into two? Bit of Barmy Army division some went over to the east side. And during the last game i heard the south stand Barmy Army chanting something like "east stand whats the score? East stand barmy army whats the score?" something like that. Was there friction and the army split? But i do love standing at Saints matches get the adrenaline pumping and i start to dribble and yelling random words...ahh i love this game.
penhead

Post by penhead »

i would not mind but the east can stand up but they never let us south standers stand up all game
Ron

Post by Ron »

penhead posted:
sqrt hyd llhm, ng.

?????????????????????
Makes as much sense as your original post. The spelling and vocabulary used by some posters is an insult to the readers and to our English language.
Tom_McCooey

Post by Tom_McCooey »

I think the chant was "East stand, give us a song.."
Wigan 'til I die.
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

I love the south stand atmosphere. The young lads and girls in the middle, at the back, always stand up. The "Take Me Home" chant at London went on for literally 20 minutes. :angry: Got annoying lol! But I do think you can enjoy chanting sitting, cos I do. :D
penhead

Post by penhead »

standishcat posted:
I love the south stand atmosphere. The young lads and girls in the middle, at the back, always stand up. The "Take Me Home" chant at London went on for literally 20 minutes. :angry: Got annoying lol! But I do think you can enjoy chanting sitting, cos I do. :D
i have been thorwn out for standing and chanting and there always telling you to sit down its just i no most ppl at top and they dont listen to stewards no more
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

MrsLam posted:
You can sing your team along whilst sitting down too though!

I loved standing at Central park and I chose to go for the standing stands(makes no sense) at Warrington, Leeds and Widnes (CC last year) I'm getting used to the new ground, don't think the atmospheres anywhere near as good as it could be but its nowt dowith standing or sitting.
Love standing when at away matches though!
I only went to Central Park for 5 years it had an atmosphere which was different to what is at the JJB. Crowds no longer really mingle together and that is sad. Its more like a football crowd at times than a SL one at times.

As you say the crowd could be better but when all are so far apart in either end in a large stadium it can feel a bit empty.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

East stand, East stand give us a song was what they were singing, they've sung/sang it quite a few times, I don't sit up there so I don't really know why other than the South standers were singing and the East standers weren't, seems to be a fair bit of competition between the two bit like at United!

I really don't care who's singing as long as someone is! I feel that our stadium doesn't allow any atmosphere to stay in unless there's more than 20,000 on same at Leeds in the away stand. Their south stand might be a loud bunch but isn't it funny how the low roof is over them and the noise seems to echo a bit more? That's why I really don't mind KR (even tho it's a shed) the sound stays in for both sets of fans. We should see this when we go in a few weeks :D:D:D <- sorry premature excitement
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

ive got my season ticket in the east stand ,never sat on my seat yet. But when the east stand get going they make the stadium rock, noticed the south stand kids at a few matches threatning the east standers ,at warrington they were lucky not to start a fight with there drunken abuse a little enbarrasing to say the least we support the same team so why the abuse i could get a little more aggresive but there not worth it :sly: :angry:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I'd question that! As part of the south stand, there's only a few times I've heard the East stand start the chanting. The south stand lads were singing all the way through the last match, they're not all kids although there are a lot up there.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!