Wingers

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Wingers

Post by morley pie eater »

If you rated the top 20 wingers in Super League, would Wigan have 5 of them?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Wingers

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Both young lads were excellent tonight Marshall grabs the headlines but Forsyth was just as good imo
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Marshall has got pace to burn and knows where the try line is, if Waney can fix his defence he will be a top winger. Forsyth is a centre but adapted perfectly to a wingers role save for the error when he let Lineham step outside him for Wires first try, but he will learn from his error.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Marshall has got pace to burn and knows where the try line is, if Waney can fix his defence he will be a top winger. Forsyth is a centre but adapted perfectly to a wingers role save for the error when he let Lineham step outside him for Wires first try, but he will learn from his error.
Saw that on the highlights on Wigan TV. He will be mad with himself over that no doubt when he sees it but such errors are bound to occur with inexperience but if you don't screw up you never learn.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think the slip can happen to anyone - what i would be saying if i was Waney is after you slip you get up and get back. Staying on the floor watching the man run away from you is the only thing he really needs to fix, he wouldnt of caught lineham but he would of been well out of position had someone else
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I think the slip can happen to anyone - what i would be saying if i was Waney is after you slip you get up and get back. Staying on the floor watching the man run away from you is the only thing he really needs to fix, he wouldnt of caught lineham but he would of been well out of position had someone else
The error he made was checking back which caused the slip. He should have been pushing Lineham to the touchline, any cut inside would have been dealt with by players pushing across.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Personally I thought it was Gellings fault. He shot out of the line for no reason other than to put a big hit on and it wasn't needed, he missed and it isolated Bruce.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

AdamMac wrote:Personally I thought it was Gellings fault. He shot out of the line for no reason other than to put a big hit on and it wasn't needed, he missed and it isolated Bruce.
I noticed that and you are spot on however, I don't think 'Bruce' would be too happy with himself and will still think he should have done better!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Just watching Saints at Hull. How do Owens and Swift compare with Manfredi, Budgie, Tierney, Forsyth and Marshall. Who would you have in your team?

On tonight's performance, Jack Owens would get in our u-16s :D
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

morley pie eater wrote:Just watching Saints at Hull. How do Owens and Swift compare with Manfredi, Budgie, Tierney, Forsyth and Marshall. Who would you have in your team?

On tonight's performance, Jack Owens would get in our u-16s :D
Owens and Swift shouldn't appear in the same sentence as any of our wingers!