Re: Escare

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Who knew he had a kicking game when he was at Cats? He looks a classy all-round footballer now. I thought his positional play at full-back was good too.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I always liked him at Catalan he was a bundle of energy really quick and difficult to manage.

That said he has been way over my expectation and its his composure that has surprised me most. He has done a lot of our game management, and its almost like having an extra half back which is great because it allows George a lot more freedom.

Wane mentioned his rugby brain when he came in and i thikn he is really showing with us how good a player he is.

Its early on in the season but if he carries on this way he could well be the best Fullback in the comp

he was tremendous under the bomb last night too
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Maybe some credit to Wane for recognising what he had to offer and bringing it out of him, thought he was a class act last night!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

He also takes responsibility, which is a great commodity. Please please please get him signed up! Tout de suite!
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Great purchase so far.

I genuinely would not drop him for Tomkins at the moment.
ian b

Post by ian b »

Wintergreen wrote:Great purchase so far.

i genuinely believe Sam will play in the halves when he is fit again. Who else would kick the goals consistently if Escare wasn't on the park
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

ian b wrote:

i genuinely believe Sam will play in the halves when he is fit again. Who else would kick the goals consistently if Escare wasn't on the park
Who are you going to drop? Tommy or George? :o :o
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Wintergreen wrote:
ian b wrote:

Who are you going to drop? Tommy or George? :o :o
Tommy to rotate at hooker, Sam at 6, George at 7, le petit Monsieur at FB.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
ian b

Post by ian b »

i dont believe its a case of dropping players. I think its just squad rotation which too me keeps players fit. So many people said Tommy was more suited to hooker and i agree. Now everyone seems scared to take him out of the no 7. I am sure i was told that George had always played at 7 through his career ( if i am wrong dont hang me) and now he's playing stand off. It's not a case of dropping players it just makes sense to me to rest players as the game is so demanding. The more players you keep fit, the more chance you have of winning tophies in my opinion
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

The spine with all fit,
1, Escare
6&7, George/Tommy/Sam T
9 Sam Powell/Tommy
13 Lockers/Micky M
All quality with options to interchange, rest or cover for injuries.

The one proviso is that I'd go with is an 80 min hooker. Sam's game now is providing relentless power down the middle. Props can interchange but our 9 is giving us that power as he's up with the pace of the game for the whole 80.