United Kingdom

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
pedro

Re: United Kingdom

Post by pedro »

Wiganer Ted wrote:So now the EU is proposing we leave the EU and have to negotiate with Spain over Gibraltar.
Why did the leave people never tell us this?
Answer, they didn't know.
Brexit is endangering the border in N Ireland.
It's setting Scotland yet again on a course for Independence.
Now we could lose Gibraltar.
Of those who voted Leave how many knew all this would happen.

Good job the 1.3m referendum majority will be gone by 2019, then there'll be no mandate to leave the EU.
no one can make us do anything...
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

pedro wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:They need us more than we need them. Who's dreamt or stated that? In this instance the comment is laughable!!
we import loads from them far more than they do from us, thus they need us more than they need us, not rocket science is it?...
Correct, and no doubt it will cost even more than it does now. If we need something we'll have to buy and pay for it.
Now tell me, what's the British alternative to Volkswagen, Audi and BMW?
Not to mention Becks and Warsteiner lager, and that Italian sh!t€ Peroni.
Fortunately we have four breweries in Bolton!
Now what about this rocket science thing, do you reckon we can still put a man on the moon outside the EU?

When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
pedro

Post by pedro »

we can put an import tax on if they want to play like that, most of the lager is made in this country under license, did we ever put one on the moon in the EU?
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Wormburner wrote:
Wiganer Ted wrote:So now the EU is proposing we leave the EU and have to negotiate with Spain over Gibraltar.
Why did the leave people never tell us this?
Answer, they didn't know.
Brexit is endangering the border in N Ireland.
It's setting Scotland yet again on a course for Independence.
Now we could lose Gibraltar.
Of those who voted Leave how many knew all this would happen.

Good job the 1.3m referendum majority will be gone by 2019, then there'll be no mandate to leave the EU.
HaHaHaHaHa MAKING STUFF UP yet again eh Ted, back on the meds before nursey finds out :lol:
We Will, the crystal ball has spoken

Oh the irony, tell him "We'll be ok".
:lol:
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Wandering Warrior

pedro wrote:we can put an import tax on if they want to play like that, most of the lager is made in this country under license, did we ever put one on the moon in the EU?
Yes we can. But we'll still have to put our hands in our pockets!
Anyway what have we got to replace VW, Audi and BMW?
Nowt, and that doesn't take a rocket scientist to suss that out!
Glad I drive a Landrover. :D
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If old Wormer can't work out why the 1.3m majority will be wiped out by 2019 or 2020 at the very latest then he needs to get his calculator out.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
pedro wrote:we can put an import tax on if they want to play like that, most of the lager is made in this country under license, did we ever put one on the moon in the EU?
Nice glad to see you driving a car owned by an Indian company.
Wandering Warrior

thegimble wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:
British built and engineered though with Indian steel, just like Jaguar!
And the alternative is?
French owned Vauxhall or a Ford?
Had former years ago and never owned one from the latter.
No thanks.
That's why not living in Little England is a better option for me.
Perhaps when you're next drawing electric, supping water or riding on a train you'll ask who owns them? Not the British Government, they're not interested, just like they won't be for A50. After all they'll not feel the impact like the plebs will?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
thegimble wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote: Yes we can. But we'll still have to put our hands in our pockets!
British built and engineered though with Indian steel, just like Jaguar!
And the alternative is?
French owned Vauxhall or a Ford?
Had former years ago and never owned one from the latter.
No thanks.
That's why not living in Little England is a better option for me.
Perhaps when you're next drawing electric, supping water or riding on a train you'll ask who owns them? Not the British Government, they're not interested, just like they won't be for A50. After all they'll not feel the impact like the plebs will?
I own a Czech car owned by a German company. And I am not that bothered where it came from. There is next to nothing I can do about it. Regardless if we stay or leave the EU not one British Government will put the good of the people ahead of its own financial greed or the MPs future once they leave Westminster.

The irony of all Brexit what it will do is what anything political has done for the last 50 years benefit the rich at the expense of the plebs.

Just looked up who owns the water I drink from the tap is owned by Dwr Cymru. AKA Welsh Water so Wandering Warrior come and Wonder to Wales and get a British drink from the tap. Better than the crap Evian. So that is once thing I can now feel less guilty about.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Agree with that!
After A50 the first thing the Govt did was to start the Repeal Bill.
That's where power will transfer from the EU to Parliament.
Tory MP's taking on more power, making themselves more powerful.
That's what Brexit has always been about.

They don't care whether industry leaves the country or prospers they become more powerful and will give themselves hefty pay rises because of their extra "work".

The only thing I can see stopping them now is if the UK starts to break up and there's no Kingdoms to be United over.
The Irish Govt demanding an open border then no doubt a referendum on a United Ireland. The Scots will eventually have a referendum.
Massive change of policy today by the Spanish Govt. They have always said they would veto a Scottish application to join the EU. Today they have said they will not veto a Scottish application to join.

After May writing A50 it is obvious the EU is manipulating the UK by laying out plans which will lead to the break up of the United Kingdom.
The EU have already outflanked May over A50 on Gibraltar. Looks like they'll run rings round Exit Minister David Davis and the other Brexit Dimwits.