United Kingdom

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
pedro

Re: United Kingdom

Post by pedro »

you think they were manipulated more than when they voted for a single market yet the government a few years later signed us into Europe?
SJ

Post by SJ »

pedro wrote:you think they were manipulated more than when they voted for a single market yet the government a few years later signed us into Europe?
Good point "

Now re- Dave O's latest epistolary. Youv'e made your point many times before WE GET IT!

If you want us to believe everything you say about the topic you refer to your asking not only to be taken seriously but to be granted papal infallibility and that is asking too much

:lol:
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

On this glorious Article 50 day I feel half of us on this thread should offer our deepest sympathies to DaveO, WiganerTed and a few of their acolytes as their dreams come to a shuddering halt, despite the best efforts of Nick and more recently Jeremy with his latest attempt to keep the 50% of his MPs where their constituencies voted overwhelmingly for Brexit in the Labour party.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I dread retirement if I have to resort to consulting a dictionary to embellish BS in my spare time! :eusa18:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Wandering Warrior wrote:I dread retirement if I have to resort to consulting a dictionary to embellish BS in my spare time! :eusa18:
Good luck on that.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

ian.birchall wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:I dread retirement if I have to resort to consulting a dictionary to embellish BS in my spare time! :eusa18:
Good luck on that.
Thanks, but it won't be about luck.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
pedro

Post by pedro »

The Eurozone has had the slowest growth of any economic area other than the Antarctic for the past decade. We're now free to trade with the Commonwealth, Brazil, Africa and other booming economies AS WELL as Europe.

Most European countries apart from Germany are broke so they need our money more than ever and will be desperate to trade. I'm amazed that Germany still sends so much money to other countries just to keep the EU going... it can't be propped up forever and has to be allowed to fail.

European countries, cultures and laws are so different that they could never come under one umbrella. Our differences are what makes Europe so great, the EU was a silly idea.
SJ

Post by SJ »

pedro wrote:The Eurozone has had the slowest growth of any economic area other than the Antarctic for the past decade. We're now free to trade with the Commonwealth, Brazil, Africa and other booming economies AS WELL as Europe.

Most European countries apart from Germany are broke so they need our money more than ever and will be desperate to trade. I'm amazed that Germany still sends so much money to other countries just to keep the EU going... it can't be propped up forever and has to be allowed to fail.

European countries, cultures and laws are so different that they could never come under one umbrella. Our differences are what makes Europe so great, the EU was a silly idea.
Another insightful post "Pedro"
You know I've learned loads on this forum "Peds" about people in general. One of things I've learned is that some people don't think before they speak .They like to be surprised as much as we are by what they say :lol:
NB that includes me alas! :
Keep posting. I love what you say.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Yes that's a good idea.
Let's stop trading with Germany where people earn around £33k a year and have plenty disposable income. France, Holland, Belgium where folk earn between £26-29k.
Instead let's trade with the Commonwealth where the average income is around £4k a year, Brazil where is now £8k a year and decreasing and also Africa where people earn £2.5k a year.
We had a free trade deal with the Commonwealth before going into the EEC and dumped them as there was very little trade and getting smaller each year. We also had a free trade deal with EFTA and that was hardly any trade as well.
No use having Free Trade Areas if there's no trade to be had and our companies don't want to know.
Far better to trade with countries close in distance to you than other half way round the world and others the other side of the world.

We sell 90% of our exports to North America and Europe. Just over 3% to China, just under 3% to India, 1% to Australia and less than that to New Zealand.
The idea that these other countries can make up the amount lost by leaving the EU is pretty far fetched.
pedro

Post by pedro »

who said we are stopping trading with germany etc? we are a major importer and they need us more than we need them.

you call Brazil but they have a massive economy, just because they average wage is low what is the population? How may in their country are rich?