NO MORE BOO'S

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
davewarrior

NO MORE BOO'S

Post by davewarrior »

:angry: NO more booing, the team we are watching, (we all but the blind can see) is the best the club can turn out. So on Friday night against the untamed mob from the other side of the hills lets try and get behind the team. :devi: Is Radders going to Sale
MrsLam

Re: NO MORE BOO'S

Post by MrsLam »

Again, no official news on what Kris is doing, I suspect he doesn't know himself. Only a rumour in the paper. The story is on the news page of this site if you want to read it.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

looks very like it
jodie clark

Post by jodie clark »

i agree davewarrior it cant be helping much if we are booing the team off
if we can get the crowd behind the team it might help
always look on the bright side of life :D

what ever happens stick together !!!

simply the best,better than all the rest !!

!!! WE ARE THE WARRIORS !!!

R.I.P Mike Gregory A True legend xxxx
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Not sure if last weeks boo's were for the team or the ref

Agree it doesn't help the team, neither does the walk as discussed in previous posts
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

I don't like booing my own team but when i got my season ticket i expected to be watching Rugby League. What Wigan did on friday against London was far from Rugby League.

I do agree that we need to get behind the team and shows them that we still support them. The atmosphere at the Salford game was great all the Wigan fans were totally behind Wigan and Milward, and it showed in the way the player performed....we need to get a better atmosphere at the JJB.

Rads has been talking to Sale but that all there has been no contract agreed. Also didn't Rad say he want to go to the South of France and player for Les Catalan at the end of his contract at Wigan.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

the pieman posted:
Not sure if last weeks boo's were for the team or the ref

Agree it doesn't help the team, neither does the walk as discussed in previous posts
It doesn't matter who the boo's were for, the team don't know if they're for the ref or for them and as they got booed off the last home game they may presume they were aimed at them again.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

The boos were for Krappatrick. He was booed often enough during th ematch for the players to know that.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Alex the Warrior posted:
The boos were for Krappatrick. He was booed often enough during th ematch for the players to know that.
But they'd just lost, to a team we should normally beat (yes, I know, bit arrogant!), and having been boo'd at the end of the last defeat they probably didn't realise who the boos were aimed at.

Regardless of the ref, we could and should have won that game. Tickle could have kicked the goals (and I don't want to pick on him alone because they were touchline kicks and not easy), players could have kept hold of the ball, not passed forward, not been onside etc etc. Our success rate at converting pressure when we get sets of 6 in the opposition's danger zone is awful, and the entire team is responsible for that. If we can't convert pressure we can't win games, no matter what the referee does.

Kirkpatrick was awful, but Wigan were also pretty bad and the scoreline reflected that, which I'm sure they realise. Whilst I don't agree with booing the players, they can't realistically be expected to know the difference between boos aimed at the ref and boos aimed at them after another performance like that.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Fraggle posted:
Kirkpatrick was awful, but Wigan were also pretty bad and the scoreline reflected that, which I'm sure they realise. Whilst I don't agree with booing the players, they can't realistically be expected to know the difference between boos aimed at the ref and boos aimed at them after another performance like that.
I agree but do the players expect to be cheered off after a bad performance? The fans are getting frustrated as they know half the problem is of our own making by poor play and not just because the opposition has played well.

At every home game regardless of the previous result they get a great reception when they enter the stadium. They get the support in the match as well so they should know we are al willing them on to success.

Dave