Radlinski

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jinkin jimmy

Re: Radlinski

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Doveoverdave posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
Doveoverdave posted: :lol: :lol:
It just goes to prove that the RL clubs cannot afford to sign them.
Correct, dod. Another example of the salary cap benefitting RL? :conf:
Cap or no cap we couldn' afford hem.
Did you say Jonny was on £5 mil a year!
Total earnings, so I heard on radio a while back.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

If Rads goes to union then there will be no more Wigan. Who will be the full back.
Bit strong, don't you think? We have to replace Rads sooner or (not very much) later anyway. DV has played a lot at fullback, but we could always sign one, such as Reardon, Briscoe (how embarrassing would that be!), Sykes or Kirkpatrick(currently injured at Salford).

Life without Rads will go on, as it will without Farrell and did without Hanley, Gregory, etc.
warriors

Post by warriors »

jinkin jimmy posted:
If Rads goes to union then there will be no more Wigan. Who will be the full back.
Bit strong, don't you think? We have to replace Rads sooner or (not very much) later anyway. DV has played a lot at fullback, but we could always sign one, such as Reardon, Briscoe (how embarrassing would that be!), Sykes or Kirkpatrick(currently injured at Salford).

Life without Rads will go on, as it will without Farrell and did without Hanley, Gregory, etc.
Think about it tho. Look at wigan now, are they any good? NO. We have lost faz, and if we lose rads then we i be worse. Coz they are putting the youngers players on, coz we dont have any one else. They will be really goos in a few years. But they need the experienced players to learn off. But saying tho we might do good next year with the players that we have signed. but we just need to find a good full back, that is if rads goes. Which i hope not.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

So you expect our younger players to learn solely off the more experienced players, not through gaining experience themselves which is what they are doing now. We're only going to find a good full back through trying out players and with rads there we cant do this, theres no point saying we're never going to have a good full back again, rads is one of a kind but we could have an equally good youngster waiting for his chance. Today i read we've signed up a 16 year old winger tipped to take dallas' place when he leaves.
You say we're putting the younger players in because we have nothing else, i dont think this is entirely the case, millward is aimging for a oyung team that can grow together and is testing out the qualities of our younger players, like he sayd we're going through a transitional period.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Just seen on Skytext a piece by Millward saying he would let Rads go if Union were interested!!

He said Rads had been here a long time, most of his team mates had gone and maybe he needed a new challenge.

Millward clearing the decks.....?
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Just seen on Skytext a piece by Millward saying he would let Rads go if Union were interested!!

He said Rads had been here a long time, most of his team mates had gone and maybe he needed a new challenge.

Millward clearing the decks.....?
It's also on the bbc site -
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 096688.stm
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I don't suppose we really have a choice, he'd be unhappy if he was forced to stay and an unhappy player wont perform right. Millwards going to have to replace him before he leaves, hint mr millward REARDON. Mo or whelan said they're going to demand at least 200k for him.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

it seems to me we are getting rid of all the big contracts. by getting rid of farrell, rads, dallas, and maybe carney, wigan could probably buy in 7-8 players of decent quality and still be under the salary cap. millward won't play just anyone who fancys a go at full back! he will simply buy one or promote one from the lower ranks. wellens would be a nice addition? you never know. whealan must have promised millward money for next season to buy in some players and this is why wigan are having a clearout.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

the grinch posted:
it seems to me we are getting rid of all the big contracts. by getting rid of farrell, rads, dallas, and maybe carney, wigan could probably buy in 7-8 players of decent quality and still be under the salary cap. millward won't play just anyone who fancys a go at full back! he will simply buy one or promote one from the lower ranks. wellens would be a nice addition? you never know. whealan must have promised millward money for next season to buy in some players and this is why wigan are having a clearout.
Yes i totally agree. We are getting rid of the highest earners in the club and we should see us progress. Sounds daft i know. We need a more balanced wage bill. We need quality 1-25 and not 1-13

We need quality throughout the squad and that i believe is happening at the moment. Feeling i get is we need to clear out the big contracts to bring in Quality on less money and the way the Saints go about there business proves that getting quality in all Dept works.

We have had too many WC players intertwind with mediocre players the last few seasons. Especially last season Terry ~O'Connor, Cassidy, Connolly, Hodgson just did not perform week in week out. Yes i know they are better than some who we have on display today but we are not about today now we are about tomorrow and the future.

Even if Rads goes we will replace him maybe not at the quality in full back but use the money to get Morley. DV or even Moran an play full back or as some say get Briscoe back. If money is not the issue then we should give Hull a fee for him. The pack is our weakness now and if by Rads wanting to go to union the lets strengthen the pack with the money. Just hopes if he goes he does in Sept-Oct and not now.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Millward is right to let him go if thats what he wants, he and a few of the older players seem to have issues with the club, O'connor said we wasnt even considering a new contract as he had not enjoyed it for a few season for personal reasons, Farrel has left, now Rads is being linked with a move, and even before this we had the talk of a possible move to france for him, to be honest he hasnt been the player we are used to these last few seasons, hes till benn good and given his all, but somthing just doenst seem right with him, maybe im wrong. Anway as I said, i think Millward should allow him to go if he is that unhappy here, he isnt playing like the Rads we are used to and hes has had a good few injuries over the last few years, and in the long run it could be a good thing, we have had 10 years or more service from him, but maybe the time has come for somthing new for him, and maybe its time for Wigan to look for a younger repalcement who can do the same thing again for us.