General election

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
SJ

Re: General election

Post by SJ »

Wandering Warrior wrote:I noticed Ian Birchall had a thread deleted earlier, full of Tory propaganda pointed at Dave O. Quite sad really to use a forum to manipulate folk to vote how you personally want them too!
Fortunately I like to think I can make my own mind up about things and I wont be driving a twelve year old Honda Accord in Harrogate anytime soon!
That's ripe coming from you. You do nothing else but abuse anyone who has the temerity to voice an opinion you don t agree with. Everyone on this forum has your card marked.
I await the usual abuse from a a congenital blagged
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

SJ wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:I noticed Ian Birchall had a thread deleted earlier, full of Tory propaganda pointed at Dave O. Quite sad really to use a forum to manipulate folk to vote how you personally want them too!
Fortunately I like to think I can make my own mind up about things and I wont be driving a twelve year old Honda Accord in Harrogate anytime soon!
That's ripe coming from you. You do nothing else but abuse anyone who has the temerity to voice an opinion you don t agree with. Everyone on this forum has your card marked.
Stop this personal bickering or else this thread will be locked!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

LOCK IT :eusa2:
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
doc

Post by doc »

I see Osborne's quitting, giving up the lowest paid of his many jobs.

Sad thing is that Andy Burnham, who in my opinion would make a good Labour leader/PM, will probably leave parliament as well as he is a shoe in for GM mayor. Labour have lost a lot of their big hitters over the last few years and a big Tory victory will probably pave the way for Yvette Cooper to be the next leader of the Labour party.

JC has stated that all current Labour MPs will be the first choice candidates in their constituencies. Several Labour MPs are standing for mayoral positions. This will be a problem as they will have to campaign to be mayor and MP in the full knowledge that if they win both they will then have to step down from one or other position resulting in yet another election.

Personally I think May was wrong to go for another election (so much for the stable government she wanted - the excuse she fobbed off Sturgeon with). She could have at least declared she wanted an election a couple of months ago and held the general election at the same time as the council/mayoral elections, saving money and causing lest disruption.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

SJ wrote:
Did you actually see the thread?
Why have you conducted a survey?
You need to get out more! Or are you just stalking me?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wandering Warrior

Wormburner wrote:LOCK IT :eusa2:
Why, are you a Tory?
Wandering Warrior

doc wrote:I see Osborne's quitting, giving up the lowest paid of his many jobs.

Sad thing is that Andy Burnham, who in my opinion would make a good Labour leader/PM, will probably leave parliament as well as he is a shoe in for GM mayor. Labour have lost a lot of their big hitters over the last few years and a big Tory victory will probably pave the way for Yvette Cooper to be the next leader of the Labour party.

JC has stated that all current Labour MPs will be the first choice candidates in their constituencies. Several Labour MPs are standing for mayoral positions. This will be a problem as they will have to campaign to be mayor and MP in the full knowledge that if they win both they will then have to step down from one or other position resulting in yet another election.

Personally I think May was wrong to go for another election (so much for the stable government she wanted - the excuse she fobbed off Sturgeon with). She could have at least declared she wanted an election a couple of months ago and held the general election at the same time as the council/mayoral elections, saving money and causing lest disruption.
Burnham has done a sideways because of JC in my opinion.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

no better time to start a race though while the others are still getting changed youre still going to win even if youve not tied your laces.

The Tories know how bad brexit will be for the UK so they getting in place before the talks really get underway. I expect them to bin May off once the Hindenburg of brexit happens and then attack the next election under a new leader.

I feel a bit sorry for the political parties because its probably the only election no one really wants to win. No government will come out of Brexit well, its a situation that is a no win the best we can hope for is status quo or less. None of the leaders in place were in favour of leaving so basically none of them actually wanted what is going to happen.

The whole situation is an absolute mess
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wandering Warrior

We'll be alright according to certain posters.
Yed int sand and dream on!
SJ

Post by SJ »

Wormburner wrote:LOCK IT :eusa2:
Agree. W W following posts are fine. But believe me Josie He will revert to type.

Lock it for all I care I won't be subscribing to the diatribe anyway So like the man says lock it. You know it makes Sense.