Cas game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cumbria_warrior

Cas game

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Terrible terrible performance team didn't look interested in the slightest. Worse I have seem for 10 years. Clueless and looked like didn't want to be there. Cas didn't need to get out of first gear
Caboosegg

Re: Cas game

Post by Caboosegg »

was listening on Wish, didnt sound good. first half they seemed to target our left side and walked over the line.

missed the second half but wow i didnt not see that scoreline coming today.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
acwrlfc

Tonight

Post by acwrlfc »

i am sorry but this is not good enough, it has happened too many times. The score line is a poor reflection on the team. did we not fancy it? We had an excuse at Wakefield last year but today a decent squad and up for it.

What as the league become are we bothered.

Saints are losing games but close ones ,but we are getting hammered. Phil Clark last night said Rugby was about attitude how right was he.

Injuries are killing us but why so many, iam sorry but it cant all be down to luck

One very pissed of fan

Firestarter

Re: Tonight

Post by Firestarter »

Not seen game but do remember wane saying we were hurting after they beat us last time.... obviously not hurting enough
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Ed Osmond

Post by Ed Osmond »

Ok you lose a few games in a season. But to lose like that with a very strong pack of forwards suggests to me that we have major problems.
I didn't see the game. Followed online in disbelief.
Anyone got any explanation?
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

More injuries Gelling went off after 5 mins, Williams did not come out second half Escare and Flower also injured according to Wish FM.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

I thought they were buzzing, found gaps on our right edge early on which encouraged them to chance their arm.

Helped by 2 sin binnings, a favourable penalty count, 1 or 2 dodgy possible forward passes. Not blaming the ref - sin bins & penalties probably deserved, but we were poor, they were on song, and everything went their way.

One criticism - I'd like to see Lockers giving some bollockings or encouragement when the team are grouped behind the sticks after conceding a try. I was 5 steps up the terracing and saw little evidence of him or senior players trying to rally the troops.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

It's this new set up of the league, why should teams give 100% week in week out when you only have to win so many to be guaranteed a place in the top 8, the real season starts in the second half of the season, we saw it last year as well
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

jaws1 wrote:More injuries Gelling went off after 5 mins, Williams did not come out second half Escare and Flower also injured according to Wish FM.
True but we were p poor. Every single player was below par, the attitude tonight was not good enough yes Cas deserved to win but that effort was not good enough. Having said all of that tonight was Cas' cup final and unfortunately for them trophies were not handed out, we will beat them when it matters. I am not going to single anyone out but we need to think about our retention policy for next season.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
markill

Post by markill »

morley pie eater wrote:I thought they were buzzing, found gaps on our right edge early on which encouraged them to chance their arm.

Helped by 2 sin binnings, a favourable penalty count, 1 or 2 dodgy possible forward passes. Not blaming the ref - sin bins & penalties probably deserved, but we were poor, they were on song, and everything went their way.

One criticism - I'd like to see Lockers giving some bollockings or encouragement when the team are grouped behind the sticks after conceding a try. I was 5 steps up the terracing and saw little evidence of him or senior players trying to rally the troops.
None of them seemed interested in kicking anyone up the arse or having each others bands or running a line for each other. It was very poor.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod