Warriors Smash Magic Records

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Warriors Smash Magic Records

Post by josie andrews »

Warriors smash record ticket sales for 2017 Dacia Magic Weekend

Record numbers of fans purchase tickets directly from the Club

Magic Weekend now just over two weeks away

With just over two weeks to go until the 2017 Dacia Magic Weekend the Warriors have now smashed last year’s ticket sales!

Wigan fans will be out in great numbers at St James’ Park on Saturday 20th May with a record amount of fans having now purchased tickets directly from the Club.

To date thousands of Wigan fans have purchased through the Club and with 15 days still to go until the showpiece event that number is expected to rise even further.

Warriors Communications Executive, Tim Fisher said: “The Wigan fans are really backing the team once again with a record number having bought tickets for Magic 2017 direct from the Club.

“Last year we conducted a survey with fans and it highlighted the fact that many fans didn’t realise that the Club kept the revenue from all direct ticket sales for Magic Weekend. Fans said they would purchase directly from the Club had they known so this year we’ve got the message out and the fans have responded really well.

“We’re thankful to all fans who have purchased tickets so far and with just over two weeks to go until the Magic Weekend the message is simple, get your tickets now and from us!”

Wigan face Warrington in the main game on day one this year and day tickets are still available from the Club priced from £25 for adults and £12.50 for concessions. Weekend tickets also remain available from £40 for adults and £20 for concessions. Season Ticket holders get 50% discount and Members 25% discount when buying through the Club.

Fans are urged to purchase through the Warriors as the Club benefits from direct sales.

Coach Travel is also available and costs just £16.50 for Season Ticket holders, members and concessions or £17.50 for adults.

Reserved tickets bought from the Club (daily and weekend) are in blocks LL2D and L1C.

2017 Dacia Magic Weekend schedule
Saturday May 20th 2017

Widnes Vikings v Wakefield Trinity (14:30)

Hull FC v St Helens (16:45)

Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves (19:00)

Sunday May 21st 2017

Catalans Dragons v Huddersfield Giants (13:00)

Leigh Centurions v Salford Red Devils (15:15)

Castleford Tigers v Leeds Rhinos (17:30)

To buy tickets for the 2017 Dacia Magic Weekend CLICK HERE, visit the DW Stadium ticket office or alternatively call the ticket hotline on 0871 66 33 552 (calls are charged at 10p per minute - calls from mobiles may vary).

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2017- ... kBaWALJ.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Re: Warriors Smash Magic Records

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

People keep calling for this weekend to be scrapped . Can't understand this it's a Great Weekend.

Been to every Magic Weekend since it started and seen every game . Can't wait for this one see you all there .

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked
kevbrown1980

Post by kevbrown1980 »

Such a good weekend but would be better if it was in Norwich, make it a lot easier for me, any chance? Didn't think so
moto748

Post by moto748 »

kevbrown1980 wrote:Such a good weekend but would be better if it was in Norwich, make it a lot easier for me, any chance? Didn't think so

:lol:
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

OK,so what was the old record and what is the new record.
Without numbers that's meaningless.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:People keep calling for this weekend to be scrapped . Can't understand this it's a Great Weekend.

Been to every Magic Weekend since it started and seen every game . Can't wait for this one see you all there .

Regards , EW
It's rubbish. It means we can have a whole weekend of club games in addition to the home/away fixtures yet at the same time expect teams to sacrifice players for games like England v Samoa.

It puts the club game ahead of the international game. We have an entire weekend given over to an EXTRA fixture for the clubs but can't be bothered to set aside a weekend, mid season, for an international. Pathetic.

The magic weekend for me sums up what is wrong with the current leadership of the RFL. Priorities totally wrong.

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Club game every time for me . The International set up is the biggest joke ever . Players that can play for one country then change their mind and play for another. An England coach that is using England RL as a vehicle to put two fingers up to Aussie RL that takes players all the way to Oz and doesn't play them. Sets up a pe season training camp in Dubia and it doesn't happen. WB is making a mug of a lot of people

You pay your £3.49 and watch England on TV.

Me I will pay my £40 and watch 6 games of live RL and enjoy the company of great RL fans for 3 days.

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

kevbrown1980 wrote:Such a good weekend but would be better if it was in Norwich, make it a lot easier for me, any chance? Didn't think so
The Edinburgh weekends were the least enjoyable for me . I live half a mile from the stadium an it didn't seem right playing in my back garden lol

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
moto748

Post by moto748 »

But, with respect, EW, if everyone took your attitude, the international game would never improve. Frankly, the NRL don't care much about the international game either, but at least they care enough to not have a round of fixtures this weekend. Players play too many games. Which adds to the injury problems we all hate. And don't you think that the traditional rivalries, like Wigan/Saints, are diluted if we play them umpteen times a season?

I share your opinion of Bennett, :)