Hull Match - Ah well

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Re: Hull Match - Ah well

Post by Fraggle »

DaveO posted:
I'd agree with your assesment of Luaghton but would mention the idea of benefit of the doubt going to the attacking side. I seem to recall a recent match where that didn't apply when there was doubt over a Wigan try and so we have here an example of what gets fans backs up the most, inconsistancy from one ref to another.

Now I know they are not all clones but it seems a pretty easy thing to apply the benefit of the doubt rule. If you aren't sure - its a try. Simple.

Dave
You're right, but maybe it just adds more fuel to the argument that there should be a video ref at every game: the refs don't seem able to consistently so take the big decisions away from them. I don't watch Sky so I don't know if there were any controversial moments in the Salford vs Skints match, but it does seem strange that Wigan vs Hull wasn't on given the fact the teams have had lots of close games in recent years, and that incident in particular would have been one for Gerry Kershaw to look at for 5 minutes before deciding it was a try against Wigan!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Pedro the Exile

Post by Pedro the Exile »

[quote][
Overall though, we didn't seriously expect to win so it would have been a bonus had we. [/quote
Who do you expect us to win against then?Hull at home is not exactly an impossible task is it?
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Pedro the Exile posted:
Overall though, we didn't seriously expect to win so it would have been a bonus had we.
Who do you expect us to win against then?Hull at home is not exactly an impossible task is it?[/quote]

It is when they wanted to win to get back into third position and they're hoping for higher this year. It wasn't an easy game by any means
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!