Magic Jerseys

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AndyNick

Magic Jerseys

Post by AndyNick »

I believe that we were the only side not to have a one off Jersey for magic this year (not sure on Huddersfield) and I sincerely hope that continues to be the case.

Fair play to the club for not cashing in on fans who have already paid hundreds of pounds to get to Newcastle by asking them to stump up another £50.
fozzieskem

Re: Magic Jerseys

Post by fozzieskem »

No real issue about the shirts other than on the question of taste,the ISC marvel ones were for the most part horror shows,Hulls in particular spectacularly naff.

Quite liked Saints though and in an odd way Salford's shirt.

About the cost,you buy or you dont i do understand it can get expensive but hey ho its not obligatory to buy them.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

I wanted us to have a magic shirt preferably by ISC instead of the crap we've had lately
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Only one team, Wakefield, actually won in Newcastle wearing these tops. Not so magic, and at least Wigan were probably the most recognised team over the weekend with their traditional home jersey, whilst the ISC teams would have struggled to have been recognised by their own fans.

Was a Charity aspect to the venture, so in that respect, they have their benefits and in any case fans aren't obligated to buy one, so no complaints on that score.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Fawdoffshed wrote:I can't for the life of me understand why each of the clubs didn't play in their traditional jerseys. Many of the crowd in Newcastle would have been "new" to the game and will have gone away from the successful weekend not having a clue what all the clubs' (apart from Wigan)colours were! The organisers have well and truly missed a trick, don't you think? Having said that, I'm not a fan of this year's Wigan's home strip. Where are the cherry and white hoops? Leigh's strip looks more like what Wigan's should be! Come on Mr. Lenagan, get back to showing the rugby league world probably the most famous strip ever!
wasn't this year's shirt the Fans choice? If the theme about the shirts had been advertised more I think it's a good draw for neutrals. If union had done this sky would have been all over like a rash and talked about it endlessly.