Re: Sean Wane is a fraud.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

:roll: yep just remind me again hows the other team in a injury crisis doing again?

can we improve sure. is it bad currently yes.

its fact that the club play a structure all the way through this is allowing us to slot in young players not ready and cope... coping is different to thriving. we got lucky that marshal and davis have been as good as they have.

wells is looking good. but they and the other youngster are not up to superleague speed yet.

or look at it another way. is castleford where in our situation for as long as we have been where would you expect them to be?

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Caboosegg wrote: :roll: yep just remind me again hows the other team in a injury crisis doing again?

can we improve sure. is it bad currently yes.

its fact that the club play a structure all the way through this is allowing us to slot in young players not ready and cope... coping is different to thriving. we got lucky that marshal and davis have been as good as they have.

wells is looking good. but they and the other youngster are not up to superleague speed yet.

or look at it another way. is castleford where in our situation for as long as we have been where would you expect them to be?

Or another way of looking at it they do not have the injuries we have. Question is why. Why do so many of our key players miss so much of a season.

Cas seems settled as does Salford and Leeds.

So reality moment they are not us they do not have our injures. I just wish some would actually stop passing the buck a bit and accept we are where we are and stop blaming an ongoing issue since 2013.

Ps they have injuries but how many games do their plyers miss over all compared to ours.
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

Yes we need a change at the top and its not just based on this season. the style of rugby we have played in the last 3 seasons has been boring and poor. Sick of the injury excuses, there was nothing wrong with the pack or half backs today, but yet again our attack is clueless when we get to the 25. Even when we get some of the injured players back we will continue to play in he same boring style, we dont know how to create overlaps and this wont change as long as Sean is in charge. Neither will the lack of goalkicker- 6 for the season so far.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

God wrote:We haven't got an injury crisis, the team at this moment in time is capable of the top 4 with the players we have fit and playing.

It's an excuse, and a poor one at that. His coaching credentials are being put under pressure and he's falling way short, he's being exposed as a limited coach. The man is a fraud.

Our game management is there for all too see, and as soon as two certain players go off, one in particular we fall to pieces in defence.

No decent team is left 1vs1 in the defensive line, nobody is isolated 1vs1 is 50/50 and I bet my mortgage he mentions "We missed our 1vs1"

He's an utter fraud and as soon as people see this the better.
yes we do to deny it is to ignore the siutation to futher your view.
shirt number 41 was in use today and hey way williams was hobbling around most of the game another youngster may be out next week.

im sick of seeing this view when we win its the player ignoring wane when we lose its wane as a coach shit. the fact he hasnt lost the dressing room yet and the players are still putting the effort in shows in my opinion that they atleast respect him as a coach.

do you really think that wane doesnt listen to anyone? we have assistant coach we have the leadership team they will all put in.

im not being a happy clappier but you have to be realistic good or not the players are not on the pitch and we are struggling at fullback. possible one of the most important positions for both attack and line defence.

but you say we have a top four team out today? wigan play heavily through the backs normally

are you yelling me Bateman/J tomkins/gildart/gelling budgie wouldnt have made a difference if fit and playing?

but reality is we are missing key players and the team line up is not constant at the moment

if i have a complaint about wane its that he still hasnt sorted a O'Loughlin replacement we were a different team when he and MM went off.

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

I am not disputing the fact we have injuries when do we accept its the norm for us. Its over 2-3 years since we went with a settled side for most part of a season.

This is not a phenomenon this season last season was the same. Just realised how important Matty Smith was he had the ability to win a tight game or turn one around. ATM we can not win a close game and its costing us 2 points too often.

Last season covered over some cracks. If we make top 4 this season and I think that is over now. It will be due to SL being poor and tbh I think the comp is a bit better this season than last in quality terms.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote:
Coping? We aren't coping. We are getting beat and it is Wane and his obsession with this one structure that is to blame. It's obvious to everyone but him the current players he has available can't play this structure at SL level even if they manage it at U19 or whatever.

He hasn't got a clue how to come up with tactics that make the best of what he has got available. He is insisting on playing the same way regardless is results.
Who cares where some hypothetical injury crisis would leave another team? What matters is what is happening to us and it's not good enough. The problems such as naff attack in the 25 have been there several seasons.

If you want to look at it another way, how about this? Wane's system only has a chance of working when he has his best team on the pitch. Any disruption to that and he hasn't got a clue how to change things around. His coaching is simply play the same system and hope for the best.

Good coaches deal with situations like we have and IMO would have taken the all the points off Wire and Saints at least.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cherry.pie wrote:
God wrote:First choice forwards bar Bateman, first choice halfbacks.

Two of the most exiting wingers in the league, Tierny who has been at the club since day dot plying his trade at Fullback given a new contract last season, granted 2 makeshift centres.

We don't have an injury crisis, it's a myth, it's b.s being spoon fed to you as an excuse. If said missing players were fit, looking at the tactics, they would struggle and would probably revert to their own way of getting a result that's probably the difference.

The game management lies with the coach and with our first choice 6/7/9 and 13 reflecting the coaches tactics even a blind man can see it's way off.

The man is a fraud.
Bateman wasn't the only one missing who would be considered a first choice forward.

Bateman, J Tomkins, Flower, Clubb and Isa are all first team regulars who could have played had it not been for injuries or positional changes. Bretherton would have been included ahead of Field and probably Navarrete. So that's 6 players from the pack who were missing.

It's not hard to pinpoint when things went wrong for us. When we had Tautai, Navarrete, Field and Powell on at the same time we couldn't handle the size of the Wakefield pack and specifically Fifita.

If we had all those 6 players I mentioned to call upon for this game I really don't think we'd have struggled the way we did.

I admit that I'm surprised that Wane did nothing to change things and bring back FPN, Sutton and Lockers who were playing extremely well, but the idea that we had a near full strength pack and that injuries don't make a difference is crazy.

We could have our first choice 1,6,7,9 and 13 playing but if the men in the middle can't bring a player down without conceding 20 metres and completely messing up the defensive line those key playmakers aren't going to see enough of the ball to make a difference.
CP thank goodness somebody is speaking some sense. I don't see us getting many bodies back prior to the cup tie at Warrington so we will all need to be patient. Clubb, Flower, Joel and Batty are big misses for us and I am convinced that if other teams had similar personnel missing then they would be sitting a lot lower in the league table.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
cherry.pie wrote:

Two of the most exiting wingers in the league, Tierny who has been at the club since day dot plying his trade at Fullback given a new contract last season, granted 2 makeshift centres.

We don't have an injury crisis, it's a myth, it's b.s being spoon fed to you as an excuse. If said missing players were fit, looking at the tactics, they would struggle and would probably revert to their own way of getting a result that's probably the difference.

The game management lies with the coach and with our first choice 6/7/9 and 13 reflecting the coaches tactics even a blind man can see it's way off.

The man is a fraud.
Bateman wasn't the only one missing who would be considered a first choice forward.

Bateman, J Tomkins, Flower, Clubb and Isa are all first team regulars who could have played had it not been for injuries or positional changes. Bretherton would have been included ahead of Field and probably Navarrete. So that's 6 players from the pack who were missing.

It's not hard to pinpoint when things went wrong for us. When we had Tautai, Navarrete, Field and Powell on at the same time we couldn't handle the size of the Wakefield pack and specifically Fifita.

If we had all those 6 players I mentioned to call upon for this game I really don't think we'd have struggled the way we did.

I admit that I'm surprised that Wane did nothing to change things and bring back FPN, Sutton and Lockers who were playing extremely well, but the idea that we had a near full strength pack and that injuries don't make a difference is crazy.

We could have our first choice 1,6,7,9 and 13 playing but if the men in the middle can't bring a player down without conceding 20 metres and completely messing up the defensive line those key playmakers aren't going to see enough of the ball to make a difference.
CP thank goodness somebody is speaking some sense. I don't see us getting many bodies back prior to the cup tie at Warrington so we will all need to be patient. Clubb, Flower, Joel and Batty are big misses for us and I am convinced that if other teams had similar personnel missing then they would be sitting a lot lower in the league table.
But problem is they are not. As DaveO no point looking at hypothetical situations. Have Cas got better coaching set up than us? Better medical team?

thegimble

Post by thegimble »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
cherry.pie wrote:

The man is a fraud.

Can I point 1 thing out please.

Please never start your post with this again:

CP thank goodness somebody is speaking some sense.

Nearly had a hernia not only was he back but posting sense and not Gibson in sight.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

God wrote:As I've said Clubb has hardly played for nearly 1 and a half years and in that time we became Super League champions.
Flower simply isn't the player he once was, and imo isn't a big loss and Joel Tomkins has been terrible since his return Isa is a better prospect.

The players taking there place Sutton, Navarette and Field have more than enough about them. Bretherton doesn't run his weight and his leg drive is non existent, all of the above are better players.

Field is the king of big hits at the moment and for me looks the real deal. If Fifta is the danger man, why take Lockers and Micky off two of our biggest tacklers when Fifta comes on? That to me smacks of poor tactics.
Interestingly, all three played against Cronulla and guess what, we won! Asking young prop forwards to play two games in such a short period of time makes it impossible for them to maintain their performance and young Field suffered for that today. I cannot understand why people think that Isa is better than Joel, his handling skills and size showed today that he is not in the same class.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards