Willie Isa - new contract?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
BriH

Willie Isa - new contract?

Post by BriH »

Read on Wigan Today that the Club is taking up the option for 2018.
Personally, I would be happy to see him leave and get somebody else. Big disappointment for me - or am I being too harsh?
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Willie Isa - new contract?

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Honest as the day is long but the stupid penalties he gives away at crucial times absolutely kill us!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

BriH wrote:Read on Wigan Today that the Club is taking up the option for 2018.
Personally, I would be happy to see him leave and get somebody else. Big disappointment for me - or am I being too harsh?
He's a funny one some people think is massively underrated others the opposite

personally im with you - think he offers very little and gives a lot of penalties.

I suppose it depends on his wage, he's a decent squad player but gives IMO nothing more than Wells for example, so if he is on good money no, if he is being paid as a squad player he is handy to have around as a battle hardened player
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
BriH wrote:Read on Wigan Today that the Club is taking up the option for 2018.
He's a funny one some people think is massively underrated others the opposite

personally im with you - think he offers very little and gives a lot of penalties.

I suppose it depends on his wage, he's a decent squad player but gives IMO nothing more than Wells for example, so if he is on good money no, if he is being paid as a squad player he is handy to have around as a battle hardened player
He's keeping the seat warm why Wells gains more experience.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Good news in my opinion.Tremendous work rate,always avaliable,been invaluable this last two seasons.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

I know he's not a centre, but even at second row or loose, I can't ever see him ever beating anyone on a one to one, he just doesn't possess a penetrative threat going forward, although in fairness, he is a workhorse but as others have mentioned, his discipline is almost always in question and has put us on the back foot in matches regularly.

If money has to be spent, then I'd prefer it to be spent elsewhere !
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Glad hes signed. good solid squad player who can fill in a variety of positions. Every team needs one.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

terrible move for the club, he offers nothing in attack There are plenty of players out there who can tackle. Where is our ambition to entertain with a player with flair. Totally disappointed

Wes

Post by Wes »

Steady eddy who never gets injured. 1 more year is fine whilst the youngsters come along a bit but please no more than a year.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

My theory is that Willie is a good solid player when most of the leaders are in the team. When it's packed with younger, inexperienced players, he "tries too hard". He seems to think he has to become like Lockers, and he overplays.

I'd keep him, but reign him in a bit in current circumstances. Cut the fancy stuff + the penalties.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐