Tierney

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Tierney

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

fozzieskem wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Confidence is shot!
You ain't kidding
Nope!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Hes always been bad under the high ball..... fullback or wing you still have to catch these......his problem is he tends too look away as he did on his first drop last night......he is very useful in attack but his defence is pretty poor
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I think his attack is obviously better but due to our injuries and his injury he hasn't had the support he had at the end of last season, resulting in a lack of confidence resulting in poor form.

Lockers lacks confidence he still has the ability to get through it, Lewis does and he doesn't.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

His performance last night and of late are approaching the legendary Doc Murray status ,not cut out for fullback a back up winger at best,I just wonder how close to the first team he would have got if his dad hadn't been Jason Robinson
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Brad5926 wrote:Fell must get a chance against Warrington , if not we are only sealing our own fate before the game even kicks off.

We need a youngster to come in like Marshall and the rest of them have this year and just have a crack and play with no fear and take the opportunity given to them. Thats when they are most dangerous
Fell should have played last night, it is a big task for him to play his first game at Warrington. Then again Lewis is not the answer, his confidence is shot at and it is affecting others.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Firestarter wrote:Hes always been bad under the high ball..... fullback or wing you still have to catch these......his problem is he tends too look away as he did on his first drop last night......he is very useful in attack but his defence is pretty poor
I disagree his ball handling skills are poor which is problematic when we attack.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
jao711

Post by jao711 »

NeeNawWarrior22 wrote:Before I start, Tierney is not just to blame for tonight's defeat..

However, how noticeable is it that he is just not good enough for WW, (I appreciate right now it seems most players aren't), or Super League for that matter!! Particularly the last few games he has been disastrous!
Ability is one thing, but the effort and heart he displays is embarassing. Some of his plays/tackles and attempts at challenging in the air are almost cowardice!

I appreciate we have numerous injuries and he is covering, but for a few years now he has sneaked in the team, whether it be at FB or Wing. Why are we persevering with this bloke? Heart the size of a pea and robbing a wage!!

Come the end of the year he needs to go!! Championship bound.
No you are wrong there.Posting remarks like that at the other end of a telephone line is closer to cowardice,opinion or not.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Confidence is shot!
Get the bunting out we agree.

Tierney as a winger last season did a job for us in defence attack wise he is no great shakes. But defence in the semi and final was exemplary. I have no hesitation with him as a winger he can be a decent winger. He is in the worst position play a full back with our defence atm. Rads would look bad.

Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

He played his part as a winger in our GF win. He is a good back up winger beng asked to play in the most difficult position in the modern game. He would have more chance playing in the second row.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Southern Softy wrote:Agreed. Never really rated him but he was coming along nicely last season as a winger. I would see him as a squad player only and certainly not a full-back.

Hes not good enough to be a squad player with St Pats