Fridays game v Giants

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Fridays game v Giants

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
moto748 wrote:Surely entertaining footy sells season tickets just as much, if not more, than silverware? How many on this forum and elsewhere have marked the season down as a failure *even if* we win the Challenge Cup. Some have even argued that things are so bad that the coach should be sacked even in the vanishingly unlikely event of Wigan winning the GF!

Like fozzie, I want to be entertained, surely most fans do. I want to invite friends unused to rugby league to matches and show them exciting footy being played. I want to be proud of my team, I want to look forward to matches. I certainly don't want any repetition of what happened last weekend, when I bought a ticket for the Hudds game, and then ended up not going.
So you would be happy losing every game 42-40 and not winning silverware just as long as you were entertained?

No wonder we are a country that accepts losing and 'it's the taking part that counts!'

What mentality do you think the Australians/New Zealanders have? Entertain or win?
I rest my case, don't accuse me of lying to prove a point or to suit a preconceived idea.

You want to be entertained first and foremost no mention of winning being your priority!

I want to win and being entertained is a bonus which usually comes with winning!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett