Fridays game v Giants

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Fridays game v Giants

Post by Caboosegg »

issues at the moment is points we are giving away.

lets be honest our attack has not been whitewash quality in years. but Wigan are known for defence and thats where we are losing games. early leaked points.

it Will take time for a team to click after so much cut and chop all season. however if we play.the structures all the way through this should be a issue in defence!!!

i'm not going on a Wane out rant its pointless, his record at wigan speaks for itself and the old its McGuires legacy is bull.

season isnt done with still have a CC to aim for but we need to bring in some new ideas (Assistant maybe)

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:Beat me to it Gimble

Injuries have been the excuse all season.

Players back and all we can now use is players "finding form" after long lay offs. Excuse after excuse after excuse.

Wigan are in a shocking run of poor league form and until someone somewhere realizes something in the side isn't right we could be in trouble if this continues
So the injuries haven't been a major factor in our form, and players who have been out injured for many months will be at top form immediately on their return?

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

How many players did Huddersfield have out tonight.
I'm losing interest as it costs loads of money to come and bring family from West Cumbria to watch this unacceptable level of rugby league. No more, its just not worth it.
I'm getting more convinced that Wane has not got a clue how to run a back line. If brute force with buckets of energy isn't good enough to win then this coach is buggered.
Dave-C

Post by Dave-C »

Getting boring now. Same was said last season, give Wane till the end of the season. Guess what. All the way through last season was crap. All the way through this season is, crap. We got to the GF last year on the pure quality of our squad alone. That will not help us this season.

Wake up or just shut up. Please.
endoman

Post by endoman »

Hoping my gamble to buy Wembley tickets early and cheap doesn't backfire. Was painful listening as usual tonight.
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

i ve said before and I ll say it again we badly need a change at the top. It is becoming so boring and predictable it is untrue. His first comment tonight sums it up really - gave away too many penalties , we need to be smarter- how many times do we hear that?

This , he is unconcerned about, is now written into the history books and that makes me angry and disappointed but does not phase our leader. After watching Widnes last night not so sure we will be celebrating a win next week. Rangi Chase will lead us a merry dance.

The Club do wonders with deals and crowd pullers but the realisation is that a number of supporters are getting dismayed with goings on at the Club.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Absolute rubbish tonight, just got back and am gutted.We are poor, out of the top 4 and Mr Lenaghan please realise that SW s ideal of having a team of wiganers and returnees wont work.Although it is of course saving you money.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

old hooker wrote:Absolute rubbish tonight, just got back and am gutted.We are poor, out of the top 4 and Mr Lenaghan please realise that SW s ideal of having a team of wiganers and returnees wont work.Although it is of course saving you money.
It is Mr Lenegan that has stated numerous times that he would like a team full of Wigan born players or players that have come through the academy system, not just Shaun Wane. He is just reiterating what his boss is telling him.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

its hard to know what to say after that,average is the word that springs to mind.

Sums the season up,WCC apart which should have been played for last season.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote:
old hooker wrote:Absolute rubbish tonight, just got back and am gutted.We are poor, out of the top 4 and Mr Lenaghan please realise that SW s ideal of having a team of wiganers and returnees wont work.Although it is of course saving you money.
It is Mr Lenegan that has stated numerous times that he would like a team full of Wigan born players or players that have come through the academy system, not just Shaun Wane. He is just reiterating what his boss is telling him.
That's true Josie but look at IFL's record, when he took over we couldn't win an argument.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards