Re: Child's

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

He's a totally Tosser.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Both sides were offside...... hes clueless....... made a lot of terrible decisions for both teams
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Think he's a poor referee.
I dread going to games when he's in charge.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Our performance was worse than the referee.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
moto748

Post by moto748 »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Our performance was worse than the referee.
Exactly. Child didn't do us any favours, but he wasn't the reason we lost.
LooseHead

Post by LooseHead »

At one point he penalised a wire player (? savelio) for moving off the mark at the play the ball, and on the TV coverage you can see players from both sides looking confused at Child. Never a good sign as a ref when you're the only person out of 27 people that thinks you saw something.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Thats it blame the referee, its his fault we are a load of shite.
markill

Post by markill »

moto748 wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Our performance was worse than the referee.
Exactly. Child didn't do us any favours, but he wasn't the reason we lost.
He gave our first try when consensus opinion would be there was obstruction. He gave us a penalty when O'Loughlin just dropped the ball. He didn't give Bateman a card (I know, there was provocation, but he shouldn't have been involved to even be there to react). He chose not to call us offside loads of times in the second half (I know, he failed to call them offside a lot too).

I can't say I thought the ref has a good game although you're right he wasn't the reason we lost. But with all the diving, questioning his decisions and generally lying on our being offside, both sets of players didn't do him any favours.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
markill

Post by markill »

LooseHead wrote:At one point he penalised a wire player (? savelio) for moving off the mark at the play the ball, and on the TV coverage you can see players from both sides looking confused at Child. Never a good sign as a ref when you're the only person out of 27 people that thinks you saw something.
It was Hiku and it was totally the right call. He pushed forward into our player twice then when he did try to actually get up he walked forward two metres. The players may have been surprised because they don't see those penalties awarded very often, or because they don't know the rules as well as the referee does.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
LooseHead

Post by LooseHead »

Not saying it was the wrong call, just that with J Child there's no concept of letting something go. Reason players surprised was because every game probably includes half a dozen of those types of incidents but most refs see it as not creating advantage and realise that if they keep blowing up for technicalities the players and fans get frustrated. It's JCs lack of applying a bit of common sense that is annoying. As a Wigan fan I'll take a penalty to us anytime but as a RL fan I don't want to see refs who can't let a game flow.