This Season

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
acwrlfc

This Season

Post by acwrlfc »

Highlights:

Beating an understrength CronullA in the WCC

Beating 12 ,am Saints, again on Good Friday.

Lowlights;

Getting thrashed, again at Cas

Getting embarrassed at Leigh

Home defeats to Wakefield, Salford, Wire, Hull and Cas

Witnessing the longest losing streak for a century

Continued injury crisis and mismanagement of , on going for 2 years.

Wanes repetitive press conferences and his pledge to fix things with the little detail. Which we haven't "fixed"

Finally instead of players going on a week long road trip during pre season , can they please go on the training
paddock and learn the basics of passing and running lines.

Not been great viewing as it, but today is the golf day where the players can relax and enjoy each others company, while the rest of us do our best at our place of work.

fozzieskem

Re: This Season

Post by fozzieskem »

You missed,i think that first half up at Hull,shocking rugby that,just shocking.
markill

Post by markill »

acwrlfc wrote:
Witnessing the longest losing streak for a century
Err, winless steak, not losing streak, we did draw a game in there :wink:

Yes, aside from the first month or so, it's not been good. I wouldn't downplay the WCC win like you have and I would mention the at win at Wire as a highlight, as well as the relative emergence of Marshall & Davies.

But what is clear is we haven't addressed the glaring weaknesses of last year with our attack and our last tackle plays. We need an attack coach. We need to create opportunities for some of our very talented players to demonstrate their skill rather than relying on them to pull individual efforts out of the bag to even get points on the board.

Still, I'd rather have our season than Wire's, Widnes', Catalan's. So it's not all horror.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

But most fans wouldnt class Wigan at Widnes's standard would they?
markill

Post by markill »

fozzieskem wrote:But most fans wouldnt class Wigan at Widnes's standard would they?
So? They're in the same league as us and have had a much worse season. For their fans, being relegation candidates is surely the same as for our fans, not being top 4 candidates.

We aren't being treated to great rugby at the moment and I wish like everyone that wasn't the case. We're not even getting the unexciting by winning rugby we got last year. It's right to talk about that, to tell the club we aren't happy about it. But do spare a thought for many many fanbase's much worse off than us. Our best day this year saw us win a trophy. Leigh's best day saw them win a league match. Widnes' best day was signing a player who history shows will inevitably let them down.

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
superleague

Post by superleague »

Oh so this season has been a success then because we are not as shit as Widnes, cheers got it.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

superleague wrote:Oh so this season has been a success then because we are not as shit as Widnes, cheers got it.
:lol:

To be honest I'm not bothered who Widnes have signed and what's happening at other clubs.
By our own fans expectations in February we have been let down in all areas by Wane and his players and staff.
His head is well buried in the bucket of sand I'm afraid.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wandering Warrior wrote: To be honest I'm not bothered who Widnes have signed and what's happening at other clubs.
By our own fans expectations in February we have been let down in all areas by Wane and his players and staff.
That is right. What other teams might be doing is not my concern.
markill

Post by markill »

My head is in the sand because I'm the one looking around at what is happening elsewhere for perspective!? What a load of nonsense.

I'm not saying this season has been a success, I'm saying it's been disappointing and only getting more so with our problems not being addressed/corrected, but I'd rather suffer our disappointment than that of other fanbase's. If you don't care about what is happening elsewhere that's up to you.

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

If fans want to be tough or realistic it is fair to say that apart from Salford, all the Lancashire teams have been shocking this season.

Saints fans can crow but they have been just as poor/shoddy with an almost full strength team all season. Wire - rotten to the core. Leigh - tough first season and will rely on a potential league structure reshuffle to stay up. Widnes - ditto Leigh (although not just promoted)

Does that makes us feel better?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!