Are wigan at their best

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moran123

Are wigan at their best

Post by moran123 »

Are wigan playing at there best ?
MrsLam

Re: wigan at their best

Post by MrsLam »

moran123 posted:
Are wigan playing at their best ?
You are the most inquisitive new poster I have come across!

(think I'll keep shush about the "Vote" section of the board)

:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

moran123 posted:
Are wigan playing at there best ?
Yes I think they are trying their best but this is not quite good enough at the moment.

What do you think?
Try to keep this topic (thread) going.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Well if we're keeping this going then I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to use some moderator powers in changing the spelling in the thread title.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Wizard_Millward

Post by Wizard_Millward »

I reckon all our 'kids' are playing the best they can, or should I say, their putting the most effort in they can but arn't producing the quality they are capable of, because of lack of confidence etc.

Our problem is our senior pros, judging from certain performances this season I cannot help but question the effort some of them put in.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Last Friday Aspy, Wild, Carney, Orr, Brown, Newton and Tickle all played below their best, so the answer has to be "no" I'm afraid. :(
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Last Friday Aspy, Wild, Carney, Orr, Brown, Newton and Tickle all played below their best, so the answer has to be "no" I'm afraid. :(
Everyone is playing below their top standard, confidence is low and Mo telling the press we are building for next season and virtually writing off this one can't do much for the confidence.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

MrsLam posted:
Well if we're keeping this going then I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to use some moderator powers in changing the spelling in the thread title.
The woman is power mad!

Dave
RidingPie

Post by RidingPie »

Hi first post here!

Until the Hull match I haven't had chance to watch Wigan this year after a job move and I'm now living in East Yorkshire, but please don't hold that against me! :D

My feeling from the matches I've seen this year (all the ones on Sky, Hull at the KC and last Fridays match) is that the team is playing a A for effort, but sadly C- for effect.

We really have seemed to miss a leader, especially in the pack. Fridays match seemed like an improvement in intensity and general organisation, but we seem to be getting back on the right track! Now we just need a little more composure!

Mike
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

Lot of senior players are playing below their best, e.g. Newton & Carney. Young lads are trying their best, but as someone posted, lack of confidence/experience is a stumbling block.