WIGAN AND HULL SET TO FACE SOUTH SYDNEY AND ST GEORGE IN AUSTRALIA

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Re: WIGAN AND HULL SET TO FACE SOUTH SYDNEY AND ST GEORGE...

Post by morley pie eater »

Interesting article. My shot-in-the-dark feeling is: what if IL is clued up about the situation in Oz? He sees the potential for a team or teams based in Australia playing in Superleague. Or even a new international comp with teams from Canada, US, Australia, UK?

This trip could a toe-in-the-water exercise, building relationships with potential backers, sponsors, clubs/owners, whilst establishing his credentials as the man who can make it happen?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Seems a very, very long shot to me. Yes, the NRL have been sniffy about letting in expansion teams, PNG, Wellington, Perth etc. But it does sound putting two and two together and getting seventeen.

So would I rather SL was bankrolled by some dodgy Australian 'businessman', rather than Sky?

Oh..... :lol:
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I just don't get it!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:Reading the FAQ it's very similar in tone to the millwall trip which produced nothing tangible at the end of the day it seems to me so now we're expected to believe anything long term will come of it once the contract runs its course.

"Fans are excited by this" I'm sure a small minority are those who can afford it and more importantly can get time off work to go.

It'll make us attractive to Aussie players..what happened to the "Wigan lad only" dream?or has that died as he's packing his suncream?

To me it's a sign the club has lost touch with its fans,the communication all season long even through the horrid winless streak was non existent,but the fact that for me at least shows his utter disregard for fans is the "season tickets cost less" next season,I don't give a toss about the price it's the fact Lenegan with this move is denying me a chancce to see my team play,I find that a staggering slap in the face.

The wife and I enjoy going to the game but given her changing shift patterns and more and more weekend games meaning she actually loses money when a game is a Saturday or a Sunday we are looking at the worth of a season ticket,as it stands it's looking unlikely,not as a result of this move directly but it's something we will be factoring in.
+1 on all aspects of this post.
+2
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Your damned if you do and your damned if you don't. Life goes on. It's 1 fixture.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

The booze hound wrote:Your damned if you do and your damned if you don't. Life goes on. It's 1 fixture.
That saying only applies if either option was equally as bad (or good) as to the other. Plenty of fans don't see taking a game to Oz as necessary or a positive. The club is being damned by many for taking an unnecessary option. You are also very quick to give up a home game.