Semi Squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Semi Squad

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Warrior Gilfedder wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:20 minutes in Powell comes on for Micky Mac salford get two tries in short order.
Nothing to do with it being Powell, it's the fact MM can't play a full 80 or even 40, start with Powell and take him off at twenty and the same happens, we need an 80 minute Hooker, end of story
We have one, he is called Sam Powell, it's just MM is better! :wink:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

thegimble wrote:Best moment by far Carney flat out on the floor pretending to be injured. Wants a penalty does not get it and then gets taken off complaining he is ok.

Salford were at that all game. Apart from a 15 minute spell we looked a level above them. Sam Tomkins best game in a long while and we look different class with MM on the pitch.

Our attack still not firing but we could have scored 7 tries today with a touch of luck. Ben Thaler is a thief no way he can not award the Burgess no try. Their in all balance of probability separation but it was not clear enough to over turn the refs call.

If I was Wane now is the time to complain about him officially and go to the media and point out our record with him and bring up 2014 why did he not send both off. Childs was okay today second half he let the game go.
How very dare you!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

DaveO wrote:
Warrior Gilfedder wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:20 minutes in Powell comes on for Micky Mac salford get two tries in short order.
Nothing to do with it being Powell, it's the fact MM can't play a full 80 or even 40, start with Powell and take him off at twenty and the same happens, we need an 80 minute Hooker, end of story
We have got a 80 minute hooker, its Micky Mac and the only reason he doesn't play 80 minutes is Wane's obsession of subbing by the clock and his desire to find a place in the team for Powell come what may.

Today MIcky Mac showed why he is the better 9 than Powell, which leaves you having to say he can't do 80 minutes to justify your misguided low opinion of the player.
Here here!!
TrueBlueWarrior

Warrior Gilfedder wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Warrior Gilfedder wrote:Nothing to do with it being Powell, it's the fact MM can't play a full 80 or even 40, start with Powell and take him off at twenty and the same happens, we need an 80 minute Hooker, end of story
We have got a 80 minute hooker, its Micky Mac and the only reason he doesn't play 80 minutes is Wane's obsession of subbing by the clock and his desire to find a place in the team for Powell come what may.

Today MIcky Mac showed why he is the better 9 than Powell, which leaves you having to say he can't do 80 minutes to justify your misguided low opinion of the player.
I guess you missed the post where i said i thought Powell was crap today and MM was the better player today
Every credit Meds, finally holding your hand up!!

Will SJ do the same?
TrueBlueWarrior

josie andrews wrote:Didn't we win a Grand Final & a World Club Challenge with Sam Powell playing 80 minutes??
We would have won them easier with MM!
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

On Powell or McIllorum, I think that the ideal is MM for 80 (or less if we are home and hosed, and if we have to interchange him, do so with Tommy, say, not Powell), Powell for 80, as he seems far more effective when he has the whole game to play, MM and Ganson, who is already more explosive in bursts than Powell, with MM and Powell being the worst combination. As we saw last year, having an extra forward is very useful indeed, particularly against a big team like Hull.

I doubt that, despite what he says, MM can play 80 minutes but would love to see him try.
Warrior Gilfedder

Post by Warrior Gilfedder »

Watch out, Fanboy about :lol:
TrueBlueWarrior

Exiled Wiganer wrote:On Powell or McIllorum, I think that the ideal is MM for 80 (or less if we are home and hosed, and if we have to interchange him, do so with Tommy, say, not Powell), Powell for 80, as he seems far more effective when he has the whole game to play, MM and Ganson, who is already more explosive in bursts than Powell, with MM and Powell being the worst combination. As we saw last year, having an extra forward is very useful indeed, particularly against a big team like Hull.

I doubt that, despite what he says, MM can play 80 minutes but would love to see him try.
So are you suggesting he has never played 80 minutes before? Or do you mean since his injury you think he will struggle? Please be the latter!!
TrueBlueWarrior

Warrior Gilfedder wrote:Watch out, Fanboy about :lol:
It seems, looking at this thread, there are plenty of MM fanboys about, none more so than you!!
Warrior Gilfedder

Post by Warrior Gilfedder »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Warrior Gilfedder wrote:Watch out, Fanboy about :lol:
It seems, looking at this thread, there are plenty of MM fanboys about, none more so than you!!
SHHH don't tell anyone lol, i thought he was the better player yesterday, the problem was he was taken off at the usual 20, whether it's down to him only being able to play 2 set's of 20 or Wanes crap tactics i don't know but the fact is whoever plays at hooker needs to put in at least one full half thus keeping momentum up :wink: